Vu+ Solo SE V2 not catch all channels on scanning

Verbatim53

Vu+ Newbie
Equipment Vu+ Solo SE V2 with motorized 1.2 m dish
When for example scanning 28 E Solo SE cath channel Box Nation, but not Box Nation HD, both on same freq and on same polarization. Found out same problem with other channels on for example 4.8 E, there catching a lot of HD cannels but not the standard ones.

Tried to solve the problem with exporting all channels from my Dreambox and import to my Solo.

Found out that Box nation worked as earlier but Box Nation HD not showing any signal and not working.

This is also the fact with other channels imported

Have I missed any basic thing, or is ther anyone that can understand what is the problem.

My Dreambox doesnot have these problems

Thanks in advance/ Verbatim53

Are you scanning them in manually?
You can't have a SD channel, and HD channel, using the same frequency, the SD should be using DVB-S, the other should be using DVB-S2.
Just found Box Nation listed on 12051 V 27500 DVB-S, but only broadcasts from 19:00 Saturday - 0700 Sunday, another site has it listed on 11568 V 22000 DVB-S, and states that it has ceased broadcasting on 12051.

Equipment Vu+ Solo SE V2 with motorized 1.2 m dish
When for example scanning 28 E Solo SE cath channel Box Nation, but not Box Nation HD, both on same freq and on same polarization. Found out same problem with other channels on for example 4.8 E, there catching a lot of HD cannels but not the standard ones.

Tried to solve the problem with exporting all channels from my Dreambox and import to my Solo.

Found out that Box nation worked as earlier but Box Nation HD not showing any signal and not working.

This is also the fact with other channels imported

Have I missed any basic thing, or is ther anyone that can understand what is the problem.

My Dreambox doesnot have these problems

Thanks in advance/ Verbatim53
Are you scanning them in manually?
You can't have a SD channel, and HD channel, using the same frequency, the SD should be using DVB-S, the other should be using DVB-S2.
Just found Box Nation listed on 12051 V 27500 DVB-S, but only broadcasts from 19:00 Saturday - 0700 Sunday, another site has it listed on 11568 V 22000 DVB-S, and states that it has ceased broadcasting on 12051.
Yes I scan from the beginning manually each satellite, and yes I agree with you regarding the channel, it was just for giving example. But it is the same on for example 4.8 East, there I get most of all HD channels but no SD channels, an as I say It works on my dreambox but not on VU+. The VU+ is new for me but the Dreamer I have had for 5 years and never seen anything like this. It is the same with all sky channels, get all HD but nu SD but it can belong to that I have low signals on SD channel (but they work on Drambox)
Thanks for your replay anyway

I have noticed that getting a lock, can be more difficult, with my VU+ Duo 2, than my old Spiderbox, but usually the SD channels are easier to get, than the HD channels.
It would help if we knew your general location, and the names, frequencies, polarities, and symbol rates, of the channels you're not getting, as well as some signal quality readings, of the channels you are managing to get.

Back