Vu solo2 freezing after automatic restart

hubo19

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

I'd like to ask for some help, maybe somebody can figure out what I am doing wrong.
I have 5 Vu solo 2 receivers as streaming servers (with dishes connected and everything). These "server" receivers has VIX openvix-Apollo.079-vusolo2 images installed, nothing else, no fancy skins.
On the other side I have 5 solo2 receivers with the same Vix images, with remote channel stream converter extensions, and each "client" receiver connects to one "server" receiver. Streaming not working perfectly, HD is freezing but this is a different problem.

If I leave the servers in standby mode, the clients can stream all the channels from the servers. But if the servers are in standby for too long, the enigma2 or something stops, the channels are faded in the channel lists, and the clients shows a message "no free tuner".

So I tried to restart all the servers every midnight, then put them in standby. And because when the server is restarting, the client could loose the connection, I restart the clients too, just after the server starts a restart procedure.

And here I am now, the servers are restarting just fine, but the client are totally stopped when they are restarted just after the server has restarted. No web interface, no response for ping, can't connect with ssh. Just manual restart helps, with the button on the back.

How can I stop the servers from freezing? Is it a Vix image issue?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I'd like to ask for some help, maybe somebody can figure out what I am doing wrong.
I have 5 Vu solo 2 receivers as streaming servers (with dishes connected and everything). These "server" receivers has VIX openvix-Apollo.079-vusolo2 images installed, nothing else, no fancy skins.
On the other side I have 5 solo2 receivers with the same Vix images, with remote channel stream converter extensions, and each "client" receiver connects to one "server" receiver. Streaming not working perfectly, HD is freezing but this is a different problem.

If I leave the servers in standby mode, the clients can stream all the channels from the servers. But if the servers are in standby for too long, the enigma2 or something stops, the channels are faded in the channel lists, and the clients shows a message "no free tuner".

So I tried to restart all the servers every midnight, then put them in standby. And because when the server is restarting, the client could loose the connection, I restart the clients too, just after the server starts a restart procedure.

And here I am now, the servers are restarting just fine, but the client are totally stopped when they are restarted just after the server has restarted. No web interface, no response for ping, can't connect with ssh. Just manual restart helps, with the button on the back.

How can I stop the servers from freezing? Is it a Vix image issue?

I don't know ... I use the Remote Stream Conversion to get SAT channels in the kitchen ... but I've never had problems .... BH image.

And the server receiver is now showing greyed out channels in the favourites list. When I choose one grey channel, it will actually start, but until I restart enigma, the client cant stream these greyed out channels.

This is the grey channels list I am talking about:
grey_channels_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

And the other side sees this:
no_data_error_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe I screw things up, because I leave the server receiver with an open menu, and then I switch this receiver to standby? And because one menu is opened, it will stop working after a short period of time? If I select a channel and then put it to standby, maybe this problem goes away. I will try this.

hubo19 this is the forum dedicated to Black Hole image.
For Vix image problems ask in their forum.
Many thanks.

Back