VU+ Stream to Chromecast

kingkevbo

Vu+ Newbie
Hi there,

I've been searching the net, including this forum, and I've not really found much useful info on how to make this work.

I'd like to make use of the VU+'s ability to transcode, and enable streaming to a chromecast within my network.

Seems the solution lies somewhere in Tuner Server, bubbleUPNP, DLNA etc. I've played around with these things but not been successful so far. I've not tried a separate bubbleUPNP server running on PC or an android device, as it should be possible use the transcoding feature of the VU+ itself. I've currently got BH 3.0.2 F installed on a VU+ Duo 2.

Any help or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. I'm surprised by the small amount of info on this topic, as I would have thought that this would be something fairly common to want to get working. Once I get it going, I'll write a generic 'how 2' to give some help to the community.

Cheers.

You should be able to stream by using the tuner server alone, that's all I have running. You have to let the tuner server build the channels and then you can go to any pc and either log into the webif or map the tuner as a hard drive. Once it's mapped you can access all the channels that the tuner server has built? The webif can be accessed on your android device as well, if you want external viewing then you would have to set up a type of DYDNS account etc

The tuner server alone provides the stream in TS format, which is perfectly playable on a PC, but cannot be played on a chromecast. Dyndns is not necessary unless I want to do this outside of my LAN, which I dont. Please, if you have managed direct streaming to a Google Chromecast on a TV within you own LAN, please let me know how you have done this with 3.0.2

I don't use a chromecast myself but I do have one. If I have time tonight I shall attempt to stream to it. Not holding much hope though as I mentioned in your other thread that I can't even get transcoding to work via the webif?

Hi there,

I've been searching the net, including this forum, and I've not really found much useful info on how to make this work.

I'd like to make use of the VU+'s ability to transcode, and enable streaming to a chromecast within my network.

Seems the solution lies somewhere in Tuner Server, bubbleUPNP, DLNA etc. I've played around with these things but not been successful so far. I've not tried a separate bubbleUPNP server running on PC or an android device, as it should be possible use the transcoding feature of the VU+ itself. I've currently got BH 3.0.2 F installed on a VU+ Duo 2.

Any help or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. I'm surprised by the small amount of info on this topic, as I would have thought that this would be something fairly common to want to get working. Once I get it going, I'll write a generic 'how 2' to give some help to the community.

Cheers.
Hi, did this ever get sorted please?

Back