VU+ style box for terrestrial Freeview?

Wobbler

Vu+ Newbie
Hello,

Strange question I know, but I wondered if anyone knows of a terrestrial Freeview receiver made by the same people who make the VU+ ?

I use my VU+ for the free satellite channels only and it's a pleasure being able to ftp .ts files direct to my PC to do what I want with them.

I use a Humax for my terrestrial Freeview and it's a real faff having to unencrypt files first with Foxie then copy them via USB2 to a drive, mount the drive on a PC using EXt3 viewing software, then copy them for storage/editing etc.

If there was a way to handle terrestrial Freeview files like the VU+ handles satellite files then it would make life so much simpler.

Cheers.

Thanks for the replies, I had forgotten about this, five months just flies by...
I didn't explain my self very well, I wasn't looking for some way to receive Freeview terrestrial telly on my VU+, I was wondering if anyone made a Freeview receiver which worked in the same way as the VU+, ie not encrypting HD recordings, to make them easier to copy to PC.
The VU+ is my main box in the living room, and I obviously set up in advance anything I think I may want to keep, but I also spend a lot of time in the kitchen where I use a Freeview Humax terrestrial receiver, and it's just annoying when you have made an impromptu recording and have to faff about to get it off to save/edit etc.
No problem I will just live with my current situation, cheers.

Back