VU+ Ultimo 3tuner config with 5 LNBs?

zsupicic

Vu+ Newbie
Hello all,

I've done quite some SAT / receiver configs in the past, but never had to deal with more than 2-4 LNBs or motorized dishes.

I would be grateful if someone could help me properly configure my new setup: I have a vu+ ultimo recently flashed with latest BH 2.1.7 and adequate plugins, having 3 separate DVB-S(2) tuners, and in our new residence we have 5 LNBs on the roof pointing to (east): 13, 16, 19.2, 28.2 and 30 positions. This all arrives multiplexed over a single cable to the appartment.

Now, I am basically only interested in positions 13, 16, 19.2 and 28.2 but cannot get this to work via a simple/standard A/B/C/D tuner configuration, apparently I have to deal with all 5 LNBs in the setup.

Example: if I setup a A/B/C/D config on tuner A and let it (blind) scan all channels, at first it all seems fine, however once it is completed, in the sat / providers / services list it only keeps those from positions 13 and 19.2, for instance. On other occasions (depending with which tool I do the scan), it completely skips the position 16E for instance, or does not find any channel.

The company who installed 5 LNBs on the roof stated that the STB must be DiSEqC 1.2 compatible in order to handle this config / cable setup. I assume positioning and signal quality is fine as they triple-checked it some time ago, and for some positions I checked myself and am getting a good SNR numbers.

I am still waiting to get details on how this was technically cabled, but because one of the LNBs is private to my appartment (4 others are common to all), I presume there is one switch for 4 LNBs, then cascaded with an additional switch for the position 16E and going into the appt via a single cable. I am not aware if the cabling details are of relevance for STB configuration because it all comes down through a single cable to my box.

Have any suggestions on how to best configure this? Should I use advanced tuner config and enable DiSEqC 1.2 ? How to configure 5 LNBs via advanced setup?

I'd be grateful for any hint that helps, thanks in advance.