Vu+ Ultimo4K Tested for You !!!

Contact99

Vu+ User
I decided to buy the Ultimo 4k after reading the review here and I`m glad I did. I didn`t have a 4k TV when I bought it, but decided to take the plunge and got an LG 49 4k SJ810V at the brilliant price of £525 reduced from £799 at Currys. Anyhow the only problem I`ve come across since I set everything up is this. My setup is Ultimo 4k connected to my 4k TV and my HD 3D Projector via an HDMI 4k splitter. Now everything was ok until this week when suddenly I could not get a signal/picture on my 4k TV. I have to set the resolution on the Ultimo 4k to 1080p instead of 2160p to get the picture back on. If I just connect the Ultimo to the TV directly using the HDMI cable it works no problem when set at 2160p. So the problem is the splitter. But I have 3 4k splitters and none of them will show a picture on the TV when set at 2160p even though until this week they all did. So I`m thinking something has happened this week to my Ultimo 4k setup. I use the latest Blackhole 3.0.5 image. Does anyone know what could be wrong ?

Thanx.
meekey.
We must be doing the same thing but this time my HDMI Matrix 4x2 Switchers is not compatible to 4K. (4K on Satellite) Originally it was said it was compatible for 4K but it isn't. Now I have order one that is.

meekey

Vu+ Newbie
We must be doing the same thing but this time my HDMI Matrix 4x2 Switchers is not compatible to 4K. (4K on Satellite) Originally it was said it was compatible for 4K but it isn't. Now I have order one that is.

Was your splitter working previously? Mine was so I thought it must have become faulty. So I tried one of the others I have spare and they don’t work either. That is why I think it’s some setting on the box because all 3 splitters couldn’t suddenly have become faulty. I’ve messed about with the autoresolution in the settings and noticed that none of the settings have an option for 50/60 hz. Could that be a problem? I’m not even sure I know what I’m doing in the settings anyway.

Ev0

Admin
It is probably down to colourspace.

Try changing the settings, as some HDMI switches do not like some of the options.

Matrix10

Administrator
I decided to buy the Ultimo 4k after reading the review here and I`m glad I did. I didn`t have a 4k TV when I bought it, but decided to take the plunge and got an LG 49 4k SJ810V at the brilliant price of £525 reduced from £799 at Currys. Anyhow the only problem I`ve come across since I set everything up is this. My setup is Ultimo 4k connected to my 4k TV and my HD 3D Projector via an HDMI 4k splitter. Now everything was ok until this week when suddenly I could not get a signal/picture on my 4k TV. I have to set the resolution on the Ultimo 4k to 1080p instead of 2160p to get the picture back on. If I just connect the Ultimo to the TV directly using the HDMI cable it works no problem when set at 2160p. So the problem is the splitter. But I have 3 4k splitters and none of them will show a picture on the TV when set at 2160p even though until this week they all did. So I`m thinking something has happened this week to my Ultimo 4k setup. I use the latest Blackhole 3.0.5 image. Does anyone know what could be wrong ?

Thanx.
meekey.

you may have changed some other parameter in A / V settings in your box ??
Refresh Rate for example.

meekey

Vu+ Newbie
you may have changed some other parameter in A / V settings in your box ??
Refresh Rate for example.

To be honest I don’t know what I’m doing with those settings also I hadn’t touched them before the splitter stopped showing a picture. I’ve also noticed when I come out of the auto resolution settings and go back into them all the settings are back to default. I’m beginning to think I may have to reclassify my image.

meekey

Vu+ Newbie
To be honest I don’t know what I’m doing with those settings also I hadn’t touched them before the splitter stopped showing a picture. I’ve also noticed when I come out of the auto resolution settings and go back into them all the settings are back to default. I’m beginning to think I may have to reclassify my image.
Reflash my image

joysleep1

Vu+ Newbie
Wait.. on all the other boxes you test. You say HDR 10 comatible . So i assume 10bit HDR files can be played smoothly. It does not mention anything about HDR 10 on this receiver. Surely it can play those files smoothly right?

Ev0

Admin
Wait.. on all the other boxes you test. You say HDR 10 comatible . So i assume 10bit HDR files can be played smoothly. It does not mention anything about HDR 10 on this receiver. Surely it can play those files smoothly right?
When the Ultimo4K was released there was no such thing as HDR10.

There was only HDR.