Vu+ Zero - Boot up issue and unable to re-flash

MatA_FBD

Vu+ Newbie
Hi all, late happy new year to every one.

a couple of years ago I bought a second hand ZERO. Worked perfect. I updated the firmware (Sadly I cannot remember the release version) when I received it and its given good servce over the pandemic. Over Xmas it was disconected from everything while a room was painted out. On re-connection it failed to boot. I get the initial BH boot log, then it goes blank.

Probably foolishly I thougth, just update the firmware... Nope.

So the unit from power on flashes the White LED 3 times, then the LED goes to the standby brightness and the HDMI screen stays blank.
So I downloaded the 2021 release of BH and when through the upgrade routine.
Insert the USB Stick (With the correct directory structur).
Power the box off.
Wait 30 seconds and power on.
The LED flashes 3 times, then start pulsing. I see USB stick activity on its LED
This goes on for about 30 seconds to minute (ish).
Then the LED flashes at a rate of 2 flashes a second. The USB activity continues.
I have left it for an hour (Went hand had lunch). On my return the LED is still flashing and there is still USB activity
Rebooting it and removing USB Stick.
I get the 3 flashes and the "Newer" boot logo, after 5 seconds this goes out and the LED goes dim.
Pressing the remote I see the LED pulse in sympathy with the IR data from the remote.

I am clean out of Ideas what to do.

I have tried a number of older versions of BH and other image types to.. all do exactly the same.
The logos do change so something is being written to the Unit.

Kindest

Mat

Mick12334

Have you tried pressing the menu button, after the logo disappears?
Usually, after loading, and the receiver re-boots, you get a set up screen, giving you options to set up your tuners, and necessary information.

MatA_FBD

Vu+ Newbie
Me bad - forgot to hit reply.
Okay I tried the suggestion of the MENU button after the logo disappears. other than the LED flashes to say is receiving IR there is no response and it stays at the
standby brightness. Even after a 10 min wait there is still nothing. After about 20 mins the LED goes out all together, like its powered off. I need to messsure the
timing much better - Its kinda hard just watching an LED for 20 mins :).

Mick12334

You can try loading the official image:
Code:
http://code.vuplus.com/
Unfortunately it might be a hardware problem, and not worth repairing, unless you can do it yourself. The old VU+ Zero was originally produced as a second receiver, much like the old sky second receiver, and not a stand alone receiver, so it's mot capable of handling modern images, or doing a lot of the later enigma 2 receivers.