VU zero live stream to remote computer

barryboom

Vu+ Newbie
just new to using the VU Zero boxes after many years using low budget skybox F5s etc. i am looking to know if it should be possible to stream the live channels that are comng down from the sat to a web browser ideally remotely (i.e a pc/mac outside of my home setup) there is no requirement to change channel can do that through other means remotely. do have pc that run all the time if required to route through it somehow.

Hey :)

Cool, I finally have a beta tester haha
Have you changed the firmware of the box to a Black Hole for example? I don't know if you can do streaming with VU+ image, transcoding doesn't work on the official image for sure !
You can try to access the VU+ by its IP address (http), you should have access to the list of channels. Maybe you need to activate the streaming in the system preferences on TV

if it should be possible to stream the live channels that are comng down from the sat to a web browser ideally remotely (i.e a pc/mac outside of my home setup)
It's possible but only streaming, no transcoding from the Zero.
Remember that streaming is very bandwidth consuming, so take care if you want to use a mobile network.

Back