Internal SATA WD Green HDD for Vu+ Duo

aldone

Vu+ Newbie
I have to buy a new HDD and I saw that much people use the WD Green, cause of low temperature and noise. On the other hand there are a lot of messages regarding the use of Green Models under Linux. To avoid the premature dead of the drive it seems to be necessary to change some parameters of the drive using a dos tool. Is this a problem that is still occurring or maybe it was fixed?
To be honest i'm not so happy to buy a new drive and begin to change parameters risking to kill it.
If the problem is still present maybe it would be better to choose the Seagate Pipeline HD, that was made exact for dvr purpose or maybe the Seagate M8 that is a 2.5" drive? The last one seems not to be the fastest. Maybe someone can help me to take the best decision.

ex_tractorfan

Vu+ Newbie
I am running a macbook here, I don't have windows, How would I change the format of the HDD to Ext4 format? Does the box do it?
I haven't bought a box yet, I am about to buy a solo2.

Mito

Administrator
I am running a macbook here, I don't have windows, How would I change the format of the HDD to Ext4 format? Does the box do it?
I haven't bought a box yet, I am about to buy a solo2.
You can format the hdd directly by your Vu+.