This board is now closed. The Blackhole image ended in 2020. The board will remain available in Read Only Mode, so all the posts from the last 15+ years are not lost. We thank you for being part of the community for the last 15+ years. You can join the OpenBh board if you have not already done so at www.openbh.net.

Internal SATA WD Green HDD for Vu+ Duo

aldone

Vu+ Newbie
I have to buy a new HDD and I saw that much people use the WD Green, cause of low temperature and noise. On the other hand there are a lot of messages regarding the use of Green Models under Linux. To avoid the premature dead of the drive it seems to be necessary to change some parameters of the drive using a dos tool. Is this a problem that is still occurring or maybe it was fixed?
To be honest i'm not so happy to buy a new drive and begin to change parameters risking to kill it.
If the problem is still present maybe it would be better to choose the Seagate Pipeline HD, that was made exact for dvr purpose or maybe the Seagate M8 that is a 2.5" drive? The last one seems not to be the fastest. Maybe someone can help me to take the best decision.
 
I am running a macbook here, I don't have windows, How would I change the format of the HDD to Ext4 format? Does the box do it?
I haven't bought a box yet, I am about to buy a solo2.
 
I am running a macbook here, I don't have windows, How would I change the format of the HDD to Ext4 format? Does the box do it?
I haven't bought a box yet, I am about to buy a solo2.
You can format the hdd directly by your Vu+.
 
Back
Top