web player

cmihulet3

Vu+ Newbie
Can anyone help me? why with this new update i cant play anymore in vlc and instead it opens another web page where it plays? i would like to go back and be able to play my stream on vlc. im using a mac and i have no idea why this changed in the latest update.
Thank you

AlexWilMac

If you are so convinced, it means we are very lucky. And, anyway, what OsX version do you use? What browser? And what VU+ image and version? "Last update" it's a bit generic.

cmihulet3

Vu+ Newbie
If you are so convinced, it means we are very lucky. And, anyway, what OsX version do you use? What browser? And what VU+ image and version? "Last update" it's a bit generic.
Ok, i will clarify this further..... i have another vu box and i didnt update it .its on 3.0.3 and it works like a charm. the one that doesnt work with vlc is updated to 3.0.4 C . im using latest osx version, but it happened the same with the previous one. safary is the browser. so... the 3.0.4 update changed something for me at least. im not complaining, just want to see if i can sort it out.

AlexWilMac

This is not related to VU+ or BH. I think you did not realise that you changed the association between .m3u files and the default application in charge to open it.
Try this: download a m3u file or create a fake file with .m3u extension;
then select it and press CMD-I: this will open the info about the file but also, in the same dialog window, the OPEN WITH field. Choose VLC among your applications and below choose CHANGE ALL.

cmihulet3

Vu+ Newbie
This is not related to VU+ or BH. I think you did not realise that you changed the association between .m3u files and the default application in charge to open it.
Try this: download a m3u file or create a fake file with .m3u extension;
then select it and press CMD-I: this will open the info about the file but also, in the same dialog window, the OPEN WITH field. Choose VLC among your applications and below choose CHANGE ALL.
Thanks....i did try that. like i said before i have another box not updated and it works fine.vlc plays the m3u file on my computer. it always did. No change there.

cmihulet3

Vu+ Newbie
on the old box when i press the tv icon on open webif it downloads an m3u file on my desktop which is opened automatically by vlc.
On the updated box i presss the tv icon and it opens a new tab on safari and it plays the channel there.
I hope this is better explained

jrbmw

Vu+ User
when you have webif open, by the television and transcoding symbol it should say what channel the box is on and thats what should stream. If you want to stream another channel you need to go to the satellite list and then select the channel you want from the list

cmihulet3

Vu+ Newbie
when you have webif open, by the television and transcoding symbol it should say what channel the box is on and thats what should stream. If you want to stream another channel you need to go to the satellite list and then select the channel you want from the list
Thank you very much, but like i said i have been using this for few years now, its not that. iI HAVE ANOTHER BOX NOT UPDATED TO THE LAST VERSION AND THAT ONE WORKS FINE!!!!!!

jrbmw

Vu+ User
Open vlc player,click on media then click on open file.Select network then select your vu box.
Click on harddisk then scroll down and click on tuner....All the channels are then shown for you to select .If you have a motorised setup your dish will move if needed.
The next time you open vlc click media /open file and all your channels are there.