Where is the HDMI EDID Bypass Check feature ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LePouSAT

Vu+ Newbie
Hi !

Maybe i'm damn stupid but I can't find where I should go to enable/disable this feature (HDMI EDID Bypass Check).

If someone could help me ...

Thanks in advance !

LePouSAT

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Please, read HDMI 1.3 specifications. It's an integral part of it (EDID). I don't think that can be disabled (Bypass check).

LePouSAT

Vu+ Newbie
So why did I see in the drivers specifications (I'm looking for the link at now) that the "HDMI EDID Check Bypass" was supported in one of the last revisions in 2013 ??

LePouSAT

paolino

Vu+ User+++
code.vuplus.com is official Vu+ site for development, informations and official image downloads.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
And what do you think is for? Could be for setting of HDMI connected display during wizard? 1440x900 displays?
I don't know. Vu+ engineers will give you an answer. Ask them.

PS: Why do you need to disable it? I'm curious ;).

LePouSAT

Vu+ Newbie
If I asked this question here it is only becauser I thought that the BH Support Team was as powerful as the BH Image itself, and then could tell me how to find this feature in the BH 2.0.3 ... Looks like I was wrong ...

If I need this feature, it is because I have some HDMI issues at now and just wanted to test everything possible before saying that the VU and/or my AVR has a problem ...

Don't you think that it is a "little bit" logical ??

LePouSAT

paolino

Vu+ User+++
There is not this "feature" in BH. I asked you why do you need it. And for what.
Didn't you mean HDMI-CEC?

LePouSAT

Vu+ Newbie
There is not this "feature" in BH. I asked you why do you need it. And for what.
Didn't you mean HDMI-CEC?

I already told you "Why I needed that feature" ... Read more carefully !!!

You seem to think that I'm a newbie and totally stupid ... Which I'm not, hopefully !!

If I said "HDMI EDID", I really meant "HDMI EDID", I am totally able to make the difference between EDID and CEC ...

And one more and last thing ... Was it so difficult to tell me that this is not available in BH directly and shortly in the Shoutbox instead of creating this thread ??

LePouSAT

Shiro

BH-C
I already told you "Why I needed that feature" ... Read more carefully !!!

You seem to think that I'm a newbie and totally stupid ... Which I'm not, hopefully !!

If I said "HDMI EDID", I really meant "HDMI EDID", I am totally able to make the difference between EDID and CEC ...

And one more and last thing ... Was it so difficult to tell me that this is not available in BH directly and shortly in the Shoutbox instead of creating this thread ??

LePouSAT

@LePouSAT

1) Read board rules. Polemycal with staff here is not allowed.
2) I already told you that shoutbox is not for support.

You are not here to decide the site rules and the shoutbox use.
I will no longer repeat this. Next time you will be banned.

About HDMI EDID Paolino already explained that is a feature of Vu+ drivers not part of Bh image. We cannot help in this.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.