Wifi / wlan adapter not seeing networks

tp131

Vu+ Newbie
Hi All,

Vu+ Solo2 - Blackhole 3.0.9

I am away from home and dont have any lan connection available. I would like to connect my box to wifi using hotspot created on my mobile phone.

I just purchased new wifi adapter RT5370 which has been detected by my box straight after inserting to bottom usb port and rebooting . When I try to set up adapter and I go to Setup/System/Wireless LAN Setup/Adapter Settings . I have problem to find my (actually any) networks:

My settings:

Use Device from off to on then

DHCP no (also tried with DHCP ON but no avail)

IP 192...

NetMask 255.255.255.0

Gateway 192...

ESSID Input hidden ESSID (not sure why I cant change it to any network?!)

Input Hidden ESSID name of my network

Encrypt Yes

Method WPA2

Key my password (only numbers - no symbols etc)

Then yes and the network is restarting

Your network configuration has been activated

Then when I go to Scan Wireless AP I got message No AP detected

And when checking Adapter Settings I got the same message No AP detected and my device seems to be off although I previously turned it on and saved it.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Please help me to answer these questions?

1) why in adapter settings , use device is off every time I come out of this screen (even if it shows Your network configuration has been activated) ?

2) why I cant find my network and when use scan wireless AP I am getting No AP detected (is it because my adapter is off or is it because it only try to find hidden network which is possible typed wrong etc)?

3) is it possible to change settings in adapter to find any network (currently set to ESSID: Input hidden ESSID)? I cant figure out how to do it

Thanks

tp131

Vu+ Newbie
All sorted. it looks like I messed up with Wireless Access Point (I enabled it accidentally (Green button / Wireless Access Point) and left it enabled, therefore i couldn't connect to any network. Once I set it to No I could set up connection.