Will not map

wedgehog

Vu+ Newbie
I have been pulling my hair out all afternoon, I plug a usb stick into any socket, go todevices manager and it shows it but not mapped, I select mountpoints and change it to media/usb select save and re boot, still shows as not mapped, tried two different usb sticks and one usb drive same.

Also I create a nfs or ciffs link to my network drive both show in green as being mounted, but nothing is available in the PVR or the enhanced media player, cannot add it anywhere in the playlist section either.

Yes I re-booted many times.

What is wrong? why will this image not connect?

AlexWilMac

Are you using BH from OMB, by chance? If BH is not in flash, it might have problems at mapping devices.
Actually, this usually affects the same device where the OMB is installed, but... you'll never know.

NinjaFromNZ

Vu+ Newbie
...and a lot of people find that they have to try multiple USB sticks before these boxes recognise them. I think I succeeded on the 5th attempt when I first started setting mine up

wedgehog

Vu+ Newbie
Hi guys thanks for your input I just downloaded the BH from here then flashed it from usb then updated it online, It just seems crazy to me that a box costing this amount that can play UHD 2160 and 10 bit HDR should be able to do simply connect to a network drive or local usb.

By the way for the guys who do the openBH, it works fine in your images. I was trying the BH to see if it would allow Atmos, but it appears neither will, very sad for a box of this quality