WinTV Ministick Hauppauge audio freezes

numind

Vu+ Newbie
This great dvb stick was working good until last 2.1.6 and 2.1.7 version (great versions by the way) I did test in zero and solo2 (probably will fail in every model), after few seconds the sound starts to cut and finally the image gets still.

Dont know if logs are needed but with versions 2.1.4 and below works as heaven.

el bandido

Vu+ User

I do not have the Hauppauge Ministick, but I do have a similar problem using Sundtek DVB stick. The older images work very well for me too.
It was explained to me that VU" had updated their drivers so Sundtek needed to update their drivers to solve the problem. Sundtek says there is nothing wrong with their drivers and the problem is with VU+.
I do not have any of these issues using the Sundtek DVB stick on another enigma 2 receiver that is not Vu+. My attempts to contact Vu+ about this issue and about other receiver issues have gone unanswered. VU+ does not even have the decency to acknowledge the receipt of my emails, or give any kind of an answer or solution.

New receivers are coming out. Why should I purchase another Vu+ product when they will not bother to fix the ones they have? I am ready to give up on Vu+ completely and look at purchasing a different receiver brand. EB

numind

Vu+ Newbie
No mate, vu+ is great brand, quaility and design and dont forget that images that here are released is the work of some people that make it for free, maybe with underground support of vu+ but anyway we receive for free so if the actual dvb-t device doesnt work, just buy new compatible one or leave a post reporting your problem and wait for some solutiion...

VU+ is manipulating the interface on purpose, the same problem occurs with streaming TV via network (absolutely unrelated to USB).
This problem is not caused by the BlackHole community but by VU+ directly.

numind

Vu+ Newbie
Next issue with dvb-t is almost incredible, testing same version (3.0.1 last updated via remote controller) on zero and zero white edition, it works perfectly on white edition and doesnt work on black zero, hauppauge has audio freezes and vissionet RTL2838UHIDIR simply doesnt lock freqs

Audio Freezes are the result of the manipulation which Vu+ is doing. Those audio freezes are not driver problems.

One more thing to add that there is a criminal act happening, we also mentioned this issue in the German support forum and got banned there. And the mods banned us from the forum pointing out to the users that they wonder that we aren't commenting this issue.

Anyway we've been too busy lately, but this is clearly a topic for our lawyer. According to the german law it's not legal what Vu+ and their (unnamed) german distributor are doing. We even have a written statement that they are doing some manipulation already (which again is clearly against the German law) and might result in an import stop for them.
It's just a matter of time until the lawsuit will start.

When the lawsuit will come up they can only lose

The German law clearly points out that the activity of Vu+ and their Distributor (we have a written confirmation that this particular distributor is also involved) is not legal:

Code:
http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/englisch_uwg/englisch_uwg.html#p0008

Last edited by a moderator:

el bandido

Vu+ User
All I want is to be able to update to newer images.I am currently stuck with images that have drivers dated around May of 2015. If my future fta receiver has to be a different brand of receiver than VU+, then so be it.! None of this should be happening. My attempts to contact VU+ directly have gone unanswered, so I can assume that they do not care! EB

Mars Artis

Vu+ Newbie
This issue is happening to me too:
Vu+DUO with WinTv-NOVA T-HD, dib0700 driver.

Just wondering if there's any DVB-T usb tuner that is working without this issue.

Matrix10

Administrator
Interesting

but no strong arguments
one is to blame someone for something and another to prove it.

In fact we have other problems in OE3 now which are more important than external tuners
and are not resolved yet. Example Teletext and a few more important things.

Of course this is just my personal comment
I can not believe that VU + works with some intentions.

They have their own priorities as well as all other companies.

So there's a lot of unknown questions
why it is not working properly is fundamental.

Do you think that they should take into account the optimal support of the own receiver
or external devices from other companies.

Is the problem intentionally created or not e.t.c

Last edited:
It is not only receivers also SAT>IP and other things (except their own tuners now). Even if this would not be forced they allowed other Vendors for more than 5 years and suddenly stopped that - according to the German law this is not allowed (Link to the english law text can be found in a previous post). And Germany is a big market for them so they better take care about what they are doing otherwise it might result in an import stop of their Settopbox Brand (by law).
We also have a written statement from someone about that - that they are doing that.

Matrix10

Administrator
I really do not know anything about these problems,
The first time I hear of this.
So I can not give any expert commentary .
I hope they will be resolved for the benefit of all.

Yes if someone's complaining about the audio or video quality of certain USB Tuners (and you can find a bunch of those messages in this forum already) Vu+ is manipulating those brands. It is no issue of the particular tuner or the blackhole community itself. It comes from the root source Vu+.

Mars Artis

Vu+ Newbie
Yes if someone's complaining about the audio or video quality of certain USB Tuners (and you can find a bunch of those messages in this forum already) Vu+ is manipulating those brands. It is no issue of the particular tuner or the blackhole community itself. It comes from the root source Vu+.
FOR my experience I do confirm that this issue has to be related to VU+ drivers development.
I've experienced the very some issue on VIX image too. Starting from a certain build, so just like Balckhole.

el bandido

Vu+ User
The external problem issue is several months old, which makes the usb tuner problem older than OE3. So what does OE3 problems have to do with any of this????
The reason I have invested in external usb tuners is to enjoy features that are not available with internal tuners.

I am told the external tuner problem does not exist in the new Solo 4K, so for about $600 U.S. my tuner problems can be solved.

BlackHole has done an excellent job of offering support and trying to make additions such as ATSC. I appreciate the efforts of BlackHole, but I seriously doubt that I will spend more money on Vu+ products. Other receiver brands work with usb tuners and do not have the issues described here. Vu+ products should be equal to or better than these other receiver brands but they are not!

The problem now also happens with the Vu4k they updated the drivers quickly after a customer figured out that the tuners were working initially.

lilo74

Vu+ Newbie
Interesting

but no strong arguments
one is to blame someone for something and another to prove it.

In fact we have other problems in OE3 now which are more important than external tuners
and are not resolved yet. Example Teletext and a few more important things.

Of course this is just my personal comment
I can not believe that VU + works with some intentions.

They have their own priorities as well as all other companies.

So there's a lot of unknown questions
why it is not working properly is fundamental.

Do you think that they should take into account the optimal support of the own receiver
or external devices from other companies.

Is the problem intentionally created or not e.t.c

When I buy a product (Vu+ O ect ect..brand..) they must provide answers to my doubts of your product,or must specify that region is made,and so do not buy the product (only EUROPA,ASIA,ect,ect) not for AMERICA (ATSC), and I as a consumer,do not buy the product. but Vu+ company not put regions for sales.

Matrix10

Administrator
How do you mean your product.
So we are not factory owners.

I think that the only right address to write about problems is the VU +
and those where you purchased the product.

I think that our forum and BH team and other teams and forums is not the place which can solve these problems.

Unfortunately, if the discussion goes in the wrong direction , thread will be closed.

lilo74

Vu+ Newbie
I'm not saying this web It is guilty, the wrong here It's me buy a brand (Vu+ models) it will not give support ATSC. and not given an answer,
that's my comment. them as Vu+ brand must specify region is made to. it's more not running a version XMBC(Kodi)proper. 13.2, I prefer to use my Amazon stick. with newer version.Thanks and regards

Last edited:

numind

Vu+ Newbie
I did start this post with the hope of fix this dvb-t problem, but never though about this weird story, what kind of manipulation do you refeer from VU+?

For the moment, the only dvb-t device which works ok is: Avermedia Volar HD which is A835 I think.

Hope this gets solved soon because VU+ is the best brand I've ever tested.

Regards.