youtube tv black screen

sandman_1983

Vu+ Newbie
I'm on blackhole 2.15 ,when i run youtube tv ,i get the interface and eveything ,but when i want to play a video ,all i get is sound and a blackscreen. Is someone else facing the same problem ?

sandman_1983

Vu+ Newbie
Even after reflashing ,still getting black screen ,vu +solo2 bh 2.1.5 ,with sound ,i repeat .i get the interface ,the fanarts ,icons ,the player shows too ,but when the video starts ,its all black with audio on ,when i click exit on the menu the image appears briefly

Ufopufo

Vu+ Newbie
Even after reflashing ,still getting black screen ,vu +solo2 bh 2.1.5 ,with sound ,i repeat .i get the interface ,the fanarts ,icons ,the player shows too ,but when the video starts ,its all black with audio on ,when i click exit on the menu the image appears briefly
Same problem with my Solo SE (2.1.1, 2.1.3, 2.1.4, 2.1.5 and 2.1.6. Also on VTI 8). Sometimes after black screen on Youtube, if I go back to TV, black screen also there (sound is ok, but no image).

Last edited:

kramar

Vu+ Newbie
Have the same Problem on VTI.
If I go back to TV the black screen is also there. I see only in left top corner a small picture. If I press Teletext button and go back then I can see a full screen picture but not TV only frozen youtube picture (I'm in TV mode). After channel changing I can see TV picture in normal size.

Matrix10

Administrator
Yes there is a problem with YouTube.

It seems that they have nothing better to do and YouTube constantly changing.
Let's hope VU+ will make a fix.
Maybe it is not bad that you send an email to VU+ .

Ufopufo

Vu+ Newbie
Same problem with my Solo SE (2.1.1, 2.1.3, 2.1.4, 2.1.5 and 2.1.6. Also on VTI 8). Sometimes after black screen on Youtube, if I go back to TV, black screen also there (sound is ok, but no image).

UPDATE: After long trys of all possible Firmwares (including the original one) I finally got my Youtube TV running (with video)!!!
Here is what i did:
I put BH 2.1.4 (maybe firmware is not of importance).
When I first started Youtube TV I've choosed one video and opened it.
I waited till the Play controls of the video apeared (still no image and sound).
I noticed that the play Icon (Triangle with its tip to the right) was shown - which is a bit strange since video should auto-play and Pause Icon (two vertical bars) should be visible.
So I pressed pressed OK button right away (within 1 second after Play controlls apeared). And magically the video apeared...
I'm not 100% sure if the extra OK press at the beginning of the video was the key - but it worked. Now all futher videos plays ok without extra pressing OK button at the beginning.

baldo

Vu+ Newbie
Hola buenas noches. Tengo VU+ DUO2 con 2.1.6. y no puedo ver youtube entrás y cuando escoges una opción para abrir en vez de salirte las opciones te sale un recuadro que dice
Que contactes con youtube

nunigaia

Hola buenas noches. Tengo VU+ DUO2 con 2.1.6. y no puedo ver youtube entrás y cuando escoges una opción para abrir en vez de salirte las opciones te sale un recuadro que dice
Que contactes con youtube

English only please!

best regards
nunigaia

Pigzmickey

Vu+ Newbie
Followed "Ufopufo" instruction in message 10, (without the firmware update as I run VIX) and it worked straight away.
My 2 1/2 year old daughter (who loves the cartoons) & myself thank you very much, top tweak...