Vu+ DUO doesn't respond to remote control

Supermario

Vu+ User
Hi Guys

I have this problem too - I start the VU+Duo and it says STARTING in the display and the display does not change and the last viewed channel is on in the TV. (b-t-w, I am using image on Meoboot). Here the remote does not respond and finally I have to switch it off from the rear switch. I switch it on again from the rear switch and everything works fine.

I have BH 1.6.2 final in Flash and BH 1.6.2 final nfi in meoboot (Multiboot).

If the VFD display does not change from STARTING to VU+DUO then only I have the problem and it is solved by rebooting from the rear switch. I have been using the 1 GB USB pen drive for almost 2 months now. This freeze happens sometimes (not always). I do switch off the VU+duo every night before going to bed.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Tks for your comments.

B/Rgds
Supermario

danska

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Guys

I have this problem too - I start the VU+Duo and it says STARTING in the display and the display does not change and the last viewed channel is on in the TV. (b-t-w, I am using image on Meoboot). Here the remote does not respond and finally I have to switch it off from the rear switch. I switch it on again from the rear switch and everything works fine.

I have BH 1.6.2 final in Flash and BH 1.6.2 final nfi in meoboot (Multiboot).

If the VFD display does not change from STARTING to VU+DUO then only I have the problem and it is solved by rebooting from the rear switch. I have been using the 1 GB USB pen drive for almost 2 months now. This freeze happens sometimes (not always). I do switch off the VU+duo every night before going to bed.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Tks for your comments.

B/Rgds
Supermario
follow the instructions on how to setup your USB STICK to avoid the problem on starting
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/meoboot-short-user-guide.1899/

post 4

toprun

Vu+ Newbie
I've got the same problem from time to time (on different images), i don't use meoboot and disconecting USB pen drive hadn't helped either

Attachments

• messages.rar
    4.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 548548vu_duo_red_startng.jpg
    548548vu_duo_red_startng.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 39

bjorntj

Vu+ Newbie
Yes, I also have the same problem... This happens on reboot and the display just says Starting and then the remote is not working. And the only way to make it work, is to switch the box on and off... This is really annoying, nice if someone has a solution... (btw, not using meoboot; just plain install in flash of 1.6.2 Final...)

BTJ

Tamaki

Administrator
Yes, I also have the same problem... This happens on reboot and the display just says Starting and then the remote is not working. And the only way to make it work, is to switch the box on and off... This is really annoying, nice if someone has a solution... (btw, not using meoboot; just plain install in flash of 1.6.2 Final...)

BTJ
I think this happends because of the usb stick, try to disconnect it and try if it happends again.

fumbduck

Vu+ User
I realize this is quite an old thread now but for some of the above posters that have their box intermittently stuck on 'Starting' and no response to the remote control, it could be you capacitors on the main board are on their way out
At least that was my experience some time ago.
It would get stuck on 'Starting' then after a power down and back up again it would fine for a while, etc etc