Network Setting Problem

mdno

Vu+ Newbie
Hello,
I Have a problem in network setting of my box to connect iphone and use Vu+Player to stream

I have a modem with IP:192.168.1.1
my box is connect to a Asus router in WISP Mode or Client Mode(vu+ is connct to router with cable and router is connect to modem wireless)
so the router wan IP is:192.168.1.2
But router Lan IP Must be :192.168.2.1
And box IP Must be:192.168.2.2

now vu+ can get access to internet but my phone(192.168.1.3)that is connect to modem can't connect to the box
can any one help me?

Vytenis P.

Vu+ User
You have configured 2 subnets in your network. That, you are named "modem" is a modem-router. It routes the first step of your local network. For what purposes is Asus, if it is connected to router wireless? Only as access point? Then configure it as a "bridge" to get and distribute the same subnet addresses as in router

mdno

Vu+ Newbie
hello
Thanks for answering

I need Asus Router(rt-n12u) to recive internet wireless from Modem-Router and get it to box by cable.exactly the oposite function of Access point.(I had a d-link n150 DWA-125,Wireless usb Adapter that Damaged and now i want use This Asus Router insted)
image.jpg
WISP.jpg

I need WISP mode.because modem-router is too far to use a cable
And in this mode there is two subnets problem.
????!!!!
Any Suggestion?

Vytenis P.

Vu+ User
I don't have this Asus, but I think, in repeater mode it can work the same - acquire the wireless signal and transmit it in the same subnet.
Other way - Can you configure your phone to see both subnets? E.g. can you enter subnet mask for phone not 255.255.255.0, but 255.255.0.0? In this way your phone will see all 192.168.xxx.xxx

mdno

Vu+ Newbie
Hello
I dont think phone can do that,
But the Repeater Idea WORKED!
although there was no guid about it in routr's manual

Thank you for help and good guidance.