VU+ Uno 4K black screen at media playback

York

Vu+ Newbie
This Uno 4K seems to be a very powerful machine when reading the specs. One reason I bought it was to play my photos and videos from my Synology NAS.

But it cannot play any video file from my NAS. I get directly a black screen, does not matter what video file I am trying to see. Tried avi, m2ts AVCHD, mov, MP4, some from iPhone, some from AVCHD camera.

Kodi shows even a good preview image but get a black screen when try to play it.
TV recordings play OK

It looks like missing all codecs. It is some package I need to install?

sabril

Vu+ Newbie
is new box need to give time to get this box ready with alls drivers ...ect and more image comming soon

JPH

Vu+ Newbie
This Uno 4K seems to be a very powerful machine when reading the specs. One reason I bought it was to play my photos and videos from my Synology NAS.

But it cannot play any video file from my NAS. I get directly a black screen, does not matter what video file I am trying to see. Tried avi, m2ts AVCHD, mov, MP4, some from iPhone, some from AVCHD camera.

Kodi shows even a good preview image but get a black screen when try to play it.
TV recordings play OK

Got a Uno 4k too. With the official software Mediaplayer does replay for instance MKV and I guess a lot others too. Clunky interface, bit with some patience new images will be coming along. Hopefully fully supporting Kodi native running for which now sufficient processing power seems available.

Hini

Vu+ Newbie

TV recordings play OK

Hi,
The main problem is the mount point diferences between your OS (BlackHole, OpenBH, ...) and your KODI mount point.
Kodi calls the internal player with the path Kodi has configuren instead of the path that your OS has.
Lets say you have a shared Folder named MySharedFolder, your NAS name is simply MyNAS and you want to name the share folder when mounted locally as MyLocalSharedFolder
Instead of mounting in KODI a SmB/cifs Share, all you have to do is mounting your share locally in your OS.

menu/setup/system/network/mountmanager/add new network mount point

active enable
local share name MyLocalSharedFolder
mount type iv set this to cifs share
server ip MyNAS or the IP address of your NAS
servershare This is where you need the correct name, MySharedFolder
use as HDD replacement mines set as no
mount options rw
username (your nas user name access)
password (your nas password)

If everything it's correct, you will mountm your shared locally, then you have to change KODI to search for videos, music, and so on on a LOCAL FOLDER! Not smb neither cifs but a local folder.
The local folder is under /media/net/MyLocalSharedFolder or /mnt/net/MyLocalSharedFolder
If needed you can browse deeper and select a folder inside your MyLocalSharedFolder as your search folder for videos, music and so on in KODI.
This will do that the path that KODI points to will be "compatible" with the player KODI uses that it's the internal OS configured player.

Anyone that can correct me, please be my guess.
I hope this will help you and others. It taked me a full day to figure it out how everything is configured and working as I'm new to Vu+, BlackHole...

Regards,
Hini

Last edited: