1.7.3 - Poor Video

packetstormer

Vu+ Newbie
I posted this in the 1.7.3 thread but in case people miss it there; I upgraded to 1.7.3 today and my video quality has reduced greatly. I have tried many settings (Auto Res, Video Enhancement etc) but overall the picture quality has reduced greatly since the older version I was on (1.6.5, I think). Has anyone else noticed this? It is almost unwatchable. My TV is a Samsung Series 8 LED and other sources (Bluray etc) show quality as perfect.

packetstormer

Vu+ Newbie
No, I didn't. I was considering it. Is there a driver difference between the two releases? I am very happy with 1.6.5 (it has never given me a moments trouble) but I noticed some MKV file don't play sound so I figured there may be newer codecs/drivers in the later images that might help. I will stick to transcoding the files though, until I can be certain my video stays good!

sakisdvb

BH Lover
I posted this in the 1.7.3 thread but in case people miss it there; I upgraded to 1.7.3 today and my video quality has reduced greatly. I have tried many settings (Auto Res, Video Enhancement etc) but overall the picture quality has reduced greatly since the older version I was on (1.6.5, I think). Has anyone else noticed this? It is almost unwatchable. My TV is a Samsung Series 8 LED and other sources (Bluray etc) show quality as perfect.
Dear Friend .
Can you Grab Screen-shot/Frame by using WebIF from your PC ?
- Start your PC browser and type VU+ UNO IP (192.168.xxx.xxx)
- Get ready to Grab Screen-shot/Frame.
- Start Movie playback from VU+ UNO.
- Pause Movie Playback on VU+ UNO.
- Try to pause same movie frame.
- Grab Screen shot/Frame from all images you test (1.6.5-1.7.3).
- Compare image at you PC.

Also if possible
take picture directly from TV-Screen using your Camera.
Please post images Here so we can help and understand issue better.
Regards.