after upgrade online to 2.0.2 rev c.

thijss

Vu+ User
I lost my tuner configuration can't get 28.2 East to work at all at the moment.
Anybody with the same problem? was working perfect before online upgrade.

bogdanm

If you have caky p toyr seting please resrore.
Maybe help too put to image satelite.xml from your old setting

dave79813

Vu+ Newbie
i too have lost all my settings and now cannot watch 28.2e after using online update i have tried to reconfigure tuners but to no avail have tries reflashing back to old image and am now getting green crash screens

bogdanm

i too have lost all my settings and now cannot watch 28.2e after using online update i have tried to reconfigure tuners but to no avail have tries reflashing back to old image and am now getting green crash screens
If you have your seting on PC please Send his to box.
After this you go to setup satelite and setup 28.2e

dave79813

Vu+ Newbie
If you have your seting on PC please Send his to box.
After this you go to setup satelite and setup 28.2e
i have tried this and still it states check tuner configuration . i have checked and double checked and even rescanned but still i am getting no viewing channels available. i would not recommend using the online update until this problem is fixed

dave79813

Vu+ Newbie
fixed
1 reflash 2.0.2
2 update using online blackhole image update
3 do satellite scan
4 install channel list
5 restart network

update
i have now found that i cannot set the correct time even after altering timezone my clock is exactly 1 hour behind. i have tried +1hour but that takes me to GMT + 1 i think there must be a settings change to allow for british summer time

F1Mad

Vu+ Newbie
I too have done the update and lost all the tuner configs. I tried a new satellite scan, but that didn't work. I then reflashed, and that didn't work either.

At the moment, I'm back to square one with my image (because of the reflash) and I've still only got a few channels working via the Satellite Services options. Not of my bouquet channels work, despite me doing a satellite scan and then uploading my bouquet channels.

Not impressed! All I tried to do was an update!! I'm tempted to move to VIX now...

Katikakus

Vu+ User
BH 2.0.2 rev. C was not officially announced yet. You should have waited for official announcement before upgrading. The update is not finished yet - it is still being worked on. That's why you ran into these problems.

If you have backup of your satellites.xml file, copy it to your box, otherwise generate a new one e.g. here: http://satellites-xml.org/

F1Mad

Vu+ Newbie
BH 2.0.2 rev. C was not officially announced yet. You should have waited for official announcement before upgrading. The update is not finished yet - it is still being worked on. That's why you ran into these problems.

Are you serious here? When doing the update, you have no idea what you're updating to. If the update isn't ready, then it should NOT be there to be pulled down for an update. This is the first time I've heard of a non-finished release being available for a blind update. If you want people to download such a Beta for testing, then just offer this as a link for manual download, NOT as part of a blind update.

If you have backup of your satellites.xml file, copy it to your box, otherwise generate a new one e.g. here: http://satellites-xml.org/

No, I don't have a backup of that file. I'll try your suggestion, but if it doesn't work, I'll just be switching to ViX, seeing as I already have to start from scratch with my image.

Matrix10

Administrator
Are you serious here? When doing the update, you have no idea what you're updating to. If the update isn't ready, then it should NOT be there to be pulled down for an update. This is the first time I've heard of a non-finished release being available for a blind update. If you want people to download such a Beta for testing, then just offer this as a link for manual download, NOT as part of a blind update.

No, I don't have a backup of that file. I'll try your suggestion, but if it doesn't work, I'll just be switching to ViX, seeing as I already have to start from scratch with my image.

Unfortunately this is a VU+ bug and not BH coding bug
that was not immediately detected and was not expected.
Which is why the bug occurred.
That's the biggest drawback of automatic update.
Complete images are far longer tested.

However, we will try in the future to prevent such bugs.

I think that we should not raise dust because of this bug
it is normal to have bugs also in other images.
Then there have been many times before also in VIX.
Bugs are to be fixed better before but sometimes backwards.

I think it's always better to wait for the official announcement of the update
because it is never possible to guarantee 100% bug free image.

Rgd MX

thijss

Vu+ User
I did try reconfiguring the settings but that did not work .
i got mine working again after sending my saved channellist of p.c. to my Ultimo with D.B.E.
I found an other problem with the upgrade i'm not able to set my time zone right, it should be gmt Dublin London but that's an hour behind so if i change to +1hour it goes two hours ahead.
Any other way of changing this, or do i have to wait for a next upgrade ?

Matrix10

Administrator
I did try reconfiguring the settings but that did not work .
i got mine working again after sending my saved channellist of p.c. to my Ultimo with D.B.E.
I found an other problem with the upgrade i'm not able to set my time zone right, it should be gmt Dublin London but that's an hour behind so if i change to +1hour it goes two hours ahead.
Any other way of changing this, or do i have to wait for a next upgrade ?

This weekend I'm not at home
But before leaving I have also detected this two bugs one with time zone (VU + bug)
and I know that BH coder working on this ,
I do not know if it is already fixed because I can not test it.
But perhaps my colleagues from the BH team know more.