Any help much appreciated.

calmnowisthis

Vu+ Newbie
Hello. I have recently bought a VU + duo2. I am having problems with my tuners. First if all it is a duel tuner s-2 model and only tuner a is being recognised. Also I have a Nanostick t2 (which I hear people have managed to get working) I managed to scan some channels once using the week antenna that was supplied with the unit, but since then I have had no luck. I have had no success in being able to scan T channels here in the UK, and now when I check my tuner status it reads "dummy tuner not supported". I am using the latest blackhole image by the way. Thanks for any help that you can offer me to resolve theses issues.

Matrix10

Administrator
For Nanostick t2 I do not know.
Dual tuner works seamlessly in my duo2.

Are you sure you have dual not a single tuner ?
Two antenna port.

If so then it is not good .

calmnowisthis

Vu+ Newbie
Hi there. Yes it definatly is a duel model. I had no signal from either of the tuners when I first got the box. I took the lid off and swapped tuner b to the a slot and I am able to use it that way. But with only one tuner working. Just after posting this message I has able to do a scan using my usb T tuner and it pulled in about 53 stations, but they did not show up on my satellite bouquet. I tried restarting and performing a new scan, but I get a message saying " error failed to scan" Thanks for any more help.

Matrix10

Administrator
However I would first check the operation of satellite tuners primarily
and if do not work , ask the seller.
It is now important because the box is under warranty.
You must see the two tuners in Tuner configuration but test without connected DVB T

We have a special threads/post for DVB-T and you can ask a questions there.

calmnowisthis

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks. I have spoken to the seller and he suggested that I update the FPGA on my box. I have tried to do this with the FPGS plugin, but I can not down load the file.

calmnowisthis

Vu+ Newbie
PS here is some extra info on my setup:

My set up is a motorised dish(single lnb for now) using a v+ motor box to drive my 1.2m dish. I have my tuner config set to complex and set it up as diseqc 1.2 with no uclas.

Matrix10

Administrator
Thanks. I have spoken to the seller and he suggested that I update the FPGA on my box. I have tried to do this with the FPGS plugin, but I can not down load the file.

I do not know what kind of FPGA update he is talking about
As far as I know it was not FPGA update for DUO2.
Personally, I think the tuner is not OK

or is not well fitted.

Matrix10

Administrator
PS here is some extra info on my setup:

My set up is a motorised dish(single lnb for now) using a v+ motor box to drive my 1.2m dish. I have my tuner config set to complex and set it up as diseqc 1.2 with no uclas.

It does not matter what configuration you have,
for tuners recognition in Tuner configuration >>Choose tuner
If you have dual tuner you must have this shot

shot1.jpg

calmnowisthis

Vu+ Newbie
I think things are resolved now. There appeared to be a bent pin on one of the tuners. I bent it back into place and now both of the tuners are showing. I am still getting a replacement tuner sent out to me. Thanks for you help guys.

Matrix10

Administrator
I think things are resolved now. There appeared to be a bent pin on one of the tuners. I bent it back into place and now both of the tuners are showing. I am still getting a replacement tuner sent out to me. Thanks for you help guys.

I'm glad that you solved the problem.
Would be a shame that this fantastic receiver does not work well.