Autotimer - unique description option

NinjaFromNZ

Vu+ Newbie
Latest OBH
VuPlus Duo4k

I use Autotimer all the time snd have tried using the option that seemingly allows you to prevent it recording the same program more than once but when the same episode is broadcast repeatedly, I multiple recordings.

Searching the forum, I’ve seen posts that suggest limiting the autotimer options to a single channel and limiting the time span.

I have a single channel selected but don’t want to limit the time span as the broadcast time can vary greatly

Has anyone managed to get this working properly and if so, how?

AlexWilMac

I also use Autotimer a lot and, obviously, there are pros and cons, particularly when it comes to intercept series' episodes.
I found a little trick to avoid multiple recordings without risking to make the Autotimer's settings not effective for my scope; but this can't be done 100% automatically.
The trick I suggest is that, instead of deleting timers for the same episodes already recorded (because Autotimer will obviously add them back soon) and instead of acting on its options (impossible for the same episode), you can periodically check for new added timers and, if you don't want an episodes to be recorded again, disable it instead of deleting: this way Autotimer won't add it again (because the timer already exists, although disabled) and it consequently won't record that event.
Once the time of the disabled event will be passed, you'll see the timer in the status "Done", as for the others really done and you'll be able to clean it along with the others. ;)
It's no automatic but it works.