Best receiver with terrestrial tuner to run BH?

chadmanfoo

Vu+ Newbie
I am waaay behind in this scene but am looking to replace my aging Vu+ Duo2 which is pretty slow navigating menu's these days.

I'm hoping someone could save me hours of research and tell me what is considered to the the fastest Enigma2 receiver these days.

It must...
-Have a terrestrial tuner
-Have a decent processor capable of playing HD and 4K smoothly.
-Something smaller than the Duo2 would be a huge bonus. That thing is a unit!

Thanks in advance.

Blusat

Vu+ Newbie
I moved from a DUO2 to a Solo 4K with both terrestrial and sat. I am quite happy so far (this was a couple of years ago, so this is not the newest machine!)

chadmanfoo

Vu+ Newbie
I moved from a DUO2 to a Solo 4K with both terrestrial and sat. I am quite happy so far (this was a couple of years ago, so this is not the newest machine!)
Thanks Blusat. I've just ordered a Vu Uno 4k SE but then saw some comments that Vu support is fading and their git is dead. Is Vu+ dead as a manufacturer? I am nervous i have just parted with a lot of money for a box which may not have any supported images soon.

Mick12334

OpenBh, and other images, still support most VU+ receivers, only the very early versions, which are no longer powerful enough to support the later images, aren't supported, my old VU+ Duo2, is still supported.

chadmanfoo

Vu+ Newbie
OpenBh, and other images, still support most VU+ receivers, only the very early versions, which are no longer powerful enough to support the later images, aren't supported, my old VU+ Duo2, is still supported.
Thanks Mick. I do wonder how much life I would get out of it though. Would a Sat to terrestrial adapter work or would the tuner not recognise the signal?

Mick12334

Many years, providing that components don't fail, as even the very old VU+ receivers still work, even though using older image versions.
You can get a USB terrestrial/cable tuner, or you can get an internal Terrestrial tuner, check out the link, copy, and paste it, into a browser:
Code:
http://vuplus.com/sub/sub0117.php

superglud

BH Lover
Octagon SF8008 combo with Kingston MicroSDcard as hdd.

This MicroSDcard is working perfectly on the Octagon SF8008.
Manufacturer: Kingston
Model: SDCS2/128GBSP
Ean: 740617299076
Kingston Canvas Select Plus - 128 GB - microSDXC UHS-I
A1 / Video Class V10 / UHS Class 1 / Class10