BH 2.1.1 and IT913x

fabiandaniel

Vu+ Newbie
I intsall new BH image on my Vu+ Solo2 and with new BH cant work it9135 v2 tuner.

Attachments

• dmesg.txt
    9.7 KB · Views: 20
  • tuner settings.jpg
    tuner settings.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 33

fabiandaniel

Vu+ Newbie
I know, but I dont see the dvb-t tuner in tuner settings and I cant search chanel.

tuner_settings_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

freetz

Vu+ Newbie
Topic bump.

I experience the same problem - after upgrade to BH 2.1.1 (based on Linux kernel 3.13.5) the system (VU+ Solo²) does recognize the DVB-T USB tuner based on IT9135 chipset (USB ID 048d:9135) - please see the attached dmesg log, however I do not see it in the tuner settings and none of DVB-T channels is available.

I have an impression there is something wrong with the Linux kernel, as similar problem is with VTi 7 image (also based on kernel 3.13.5). However that image does not recognize at all my IT9135-based DVB-T USB tuner. And in the dmesg log I see the following warning "You are using an experimental version of the media stack. As the driver is backported to an older kernel, it doesn't offer enough quality for its usage in production. Use it with care." I conclude there is some kind of workaround in BH image for IT9135 chipset support.

Having said that let me kindly ask the BH Support Team to:
1. Verify and correct the implementation of support for IT9135-based DVB-T USB tuners in the latest BH image.
2. Suggest any quick interim workaround until the problem is fixed in any next release of BH image.

With kind regards.

Attachments

• dmesg-log.txt
    9.9 KB · Views: 18

Leontaburete

Vu+ Newbie
I have the same trouble after upgrade to BH 2.1.1. with tuner based on IT9135 chipset. I do not see it in the tuner settings and none of DVB-T channels is available. Before in BH 2.0.1 everything was OK. What should I do? Maybe it's reasonable rollback to previously used versions of BH? Is there some visible solution how to solve this problem? I would appreciate if somebody will help me.

Attachments

• BH_2_1_1_usb_bin_usbtuner__V.txt
    151 bytes · Views: 10
  • BH_2_1_1_dmesg.txt
    17.5 KB · Views: 4
  • BH_2_1_1_proc_bus_usb_devices.txt
    574 bytes · Views: 8
  • BH_2_1_1_lsmod.txt
    561 bytes · Views: 4

Leontaburete

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

I have flashed image BH 2.1.0.1. Everything is OK. I see tuner based on IT9135 chipset in the tuner settings, all DVB-T channels are available. Doesn't mater powered or not powered hub is used (I have checked) or no hub at all, it means USB tuner is connected directly to Solo2 USB port.
I have made recommended logs, maybe it will be useful comparing to attached in previous my message before. Visually comparing to BH 2.1.1 the default Skin differs. Maybe there is the trouble maybe not, but comparing the lines in logs corresponding to DVB-T USB tuner between BH 2.1.1 and BH 2.1.0.1 differences are noticeable.

Attachments

• BH_2_1_0_1__usb_bin_usbtuner__V.txt
    119 bytes · Views: 5
  • BH 2_1_0_1 __dmesg.txt
    19.5 KB · Views: 7
  • BH 2_1_0_1 __lsmod.txt
    540 bytes · Views: 2
  • BH 2_1_0_1 __proc_bus_usb_devices.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 3
  • BH_2_1_0_1__proc_bus_nim_sockets.txt
    419 bytes · Views: 2