Black Hole 1.7.6 - masterpiece of the image

fido1

Vu+ User
When Black Hole Vu+ 1.7.5 has been released, I was writing a bit words in Ultimo sections on open community (http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/new-epoch-of-vu-bh-images-arrived.6831/) and the fact that we have more and more positive effects of open source software - the core dvb software has been improved by addition of the various plugins making Vu+ device universal media tool (and it is obvious with the Universe concept). In the same time, I was wondering about making agile software composition of the stabile plugins related to the streaming media and IPTV as well as the stability of the several system plugins. And now, the BH team produce another big step in the Vu+ firmware opening the new horizons for aiming this device toward real multimedia and HbbTV device (without the need for extra solutions just as project Valerie and separate HbbTV modules). You do not even have Smart TV, you gotta it yet with this new BH 1.7.6. image - Thanks again to BH team and to all of unvisible Linux masters making our community more successful and in my opinion superior to many other communities regarding STB units forums.

Further, this new BH 1.7.6 image shows that Python and XML give great performance by its simplicity and clarity in programing and agile development so we have many newbies coping better with the Linux environment. Also we have new IPTV listing possibilities with the new bouquet definitions existed in Black Pole (OpenPli) images that is the result of listening beta testers and users. Also, new Army HD skin is full of potential to become the most suitable skin for Vu+ BH images. The Universe concept is also brilliant solution also many users are not quite familiar with it - Matrix 10 wrote several times about the difference between Meoboot and Multiuniverse concept and still it have to be explain again that Meoboot concept is only expansion of the image yet in flash (in Vu+) and the other images on USB or HDD are not fully functional since system plugins are sometimes depended on the image in flash. But, with the Multiverse solution the user have fully potential of any image what he or she put on the USB stick - it is only used if the user wish several images on disposal, if not, he or she uses Black Hole image in a flash only without any extra software code or additional memory requirements.
Yet another big thanks To all working on this really fantastic image.

alfa_omega

BH Lover
You are perfectly right...many people haven't fully understood the power of multi universes, especially a virtually unlimited space for installing plugins and testing new things....:) Tonight i will install 1.76. The only pity is that old universe are still again not compatible with new version. he good thing is that installing form addons server is very fast and that u can recreate your settings fast using personal backup.

TahoeRock

Vu+ Newbie
When Black Hole Vu+ 1.7.5 has been released, I was writing a bit words in Ultimo sections on open community (http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/new-epoch-of-vu-bh-images-arrived.6831/) and the fact that we have more and more positive effects of open source software - the core dvb software has been improved by addition of the various plugins making Vu+ device universal media tool (and it is obvious with the Universe concept). In the same time, I was wondering about making agile software composition of the stabile plugins related to the streaming media and IPTV as well as the stability of the several system plugins. And now, the BH team produce another big step in the Vu+ firmware opening the new horizons for aiming this device toward real multimedia and HbbTV device (without the need for extra solutions just as project Valerie and separate HbbTV modules). You do not even have Smart TV, you gotta it yet with this new BH 1.7.6. image - Thanks again to BH team and to all of unvisible Linux masters making our community more successful and in my opinion superior to many other communities regarding STB units forums.

Further, this new BH 1.7.6 image shows that Python and XML give great performance by its simplicity and clarity in programing and agile development so we have many newbies coping better with the Linux environment. Also we have new IPTV listing possibilities with the new bouquet definitions existed in Black Pole (OpenPli) images that is the result of listening beta testers and users. Also, new Army HD skin is full of potential to become the most suitable skin for Vu+ BH images. The Universe concept is also brilliant solution also many users are not quite familiar with it - Matrix 10 wrote several times about the difference between Meoboot and Multiuniverse concept and still it have to be explain again that Meoboot concept is only expansion of the image yet in flash (in Vu+) and the other images on USB or HDD are not fully functional since system plugins are sometimes depended on the image in flash. But, with the Multiverse solution the user have fully potential of any image what he or she put on the USB stick - it is only used if the user wish several images on disposal, if not, he or she uses Black Hole image in a flash only without any extra software code or additional memory requirements.
Yet another big thanks To all working on this really fantastic image.

dudule22

Vu+ User
Hello,

Is it possible, in the next version of blackhole, to change the font color of the markers (change white to red or green for a better visualization) ?

Regards.