Black Hole 3.0.4 Vu+ Solo4K Quad PiP

Gold_66

Vu+ User
Two questions:
1. In quad pip, fourth channel is either being displayed like a slide show (prob. 3 fps) or doesn't appear at all. I'm on Maestra skin, but I tried it on default skin as well and it was the same. What could be the reason for this?
2. Long blue button was supposed to open services menu where it was possible to enable Mini TV. Now it goes directly to quad pip. How can we reach the old menu now?

Also, I tried to form a quad pip group from different satellites and only two of them worked. I guess we're supposed to choose them from same sat, and preferably same transponder.
Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks.

Gold_66

Vu+ User
1. In quad pip, fourth channel is either being displayed like a slide show (prob. 3 fps) or doesn't appear at all. I'm on Maestra skin, but I tried it on default skin as well and it was the same. What could be the reason for this?
Saw this in VTi forum:
22.08.2017 - Software Update

- update driver (20170821)
support Quad PiP (Solo4K, 4th pip is I frame decoder)

Probably this is the case with BH as well, so that answers the first question.

bagin

Vu+ Newbie
I have instal it and everything works exept Youtube TV. When I lunch it from the Menu the screen go blank and nothing happens. There is Youtube TV written on LCD and pressing exit goes back to BH Menu.
Can you please advise?

Matrix10

Administrator
I have instal it and everything works exept Youtube TV. When I lunch it from the Menu the screen go blank and nothing happens. There is Youtube TV written on LCD and pressing exit goes back to BH Menu.
Can you please advise?

Are you sure that you have an internet connection ?

bagin

Vu+ Newbie
Can you please advise?

Sorry, I found the problem. I have static address setup and did not put the dns manually.

anysz

Vu+ Newbie
Hi guys, I found an issue on my Vu+Solo4K (Twin tuner Astra/HB) with 3.0.4 firmware. Have been using since update released. Have random pixelization (at least once per 3 minutes). Pretty more often on recordings, actually couple of times per each minute. I changed HDD and tried to record on USB with the same effort. Just changed back to 3.0.3X and everything works smoothly again. Am I the only one suffering that pixelization? Thanks for an input anyway! Cheers.

phipo

Vu+ Newbie
Hi guys, I have Vu+Solo4K (my BH image Ver is: 3.0.3). I'm beginner and have a simple question.

for update BH image i found 2 files:

(i don't have permission for write it in post ! :eek:
please see the attachment picture)
info.png
Q: what is different between this two files? and which one must be update on my receiver ? should i update receiver by both files?

Thank for help.

phipo

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for reply.
Can i first upgrade the company image first and then update BH image from 3.0.3 to 3.0.4?

Matrix10

Administrator
Thanks for reply.
Can i first upgrade the company image first and then update BH image from 3.0.3 to 3.0.4?

Choose which image you want to use or test.
But do not forget
Installing a new image deletes the existing one.

AlexWilMac

You have completely misunderstood the basis of the VU+.
An "image" is a different way to refer to something is actually like the operative system of a computer.
They are NOT updates. It's like one is Linux and the other one is Windows or OsX. The two images are completely different things.
In the VU+ world there are many images besides the VU+ original one. BH is BlackHole and you have 3.0.3 installed. So, if you want to stay with BH, forget the VU+ original.

Then there is another problem: once you have a BH installed, you can update online only within it. So, the 3.0.3 had been updated to 3.0.3A, 3.0.3B, and so on.
3.0.4 is a different image (OS, if you prefer). So there is no update to go from 3.0.3 to 3.0.4. In theory you could save the personal configuration that is named "Personal backup", but it's not a perfect process. You'd rather save at least your channels and bouquets, by the appropriate software for your PC (it depends on the OS you use: Windows, Linux, OsX) but all the remaining it's better to reinstall (plugins, and personalizations). Using VU+ and reading forums, you'll learn to shorten this process, but now it's too early.

Gold_66

Vu+ User
2. Long blue button was supposed to open services menu where it was possible to enable Mini TV. Now it goes directly to quad pip. How can we reach the old menu now?
Self update:
That was happening because I had quickbutton installed and long blue was assigned to quad-pip. Now I uninstalled qb and long blue button is back to normal.