Black Hole Hangs when Recording

xfiler

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,
I have been having an issue for quite some time regarding VU+ Ultimo and any Black Hole image. Essentially the following happens when recording:
  1. Enable a recording on any channel
  2. Now switch between channels to view different channels
  3. Very quickly the VU+ Ultimo hangs, i.e on the left hand corner of the screen you will see the "circular" image indicating it is "busy" and you can continue to view the existing channel with the "circular" "busy" image on the left hand corner of the screen
  4. No other actions are possible, e.g switching channels, stop recording etc - none of these are possible
  5. The only thing that can be done is to switch off the VU+ Ultimo and restart
  6. All works fine once the restart completes
  7. If a recording is enabled once again and the user attempts step #2 above then steps #3 to #6 will be repeated
I am using the following:
  • Vu+ Ultimo
  • Black Hole Image 2.0.9.1
  • 1TB drive
  • 268 MB free (although the amount of free memory makes no difference)
Any ideas on what to do next?

Are there drivers I should update - there are drivers located here --> http://archive.vuplus.com/download/drivers/vuplus-dvb-modules-vuultimo-3.1.1-4.4.3-20140418.tar.gz

But I have no idea if I should update these drivers or not.

Any help on the above is very much appreciated as it is a right pain to be honest.

Regards.

bogdanm

In no have idea whot will be on your box but in past i have problem with epg he hangs my box when im change chanell . Im no find reason why this was made but help me format my pendrive and made on him 2 partition [ usb and univers ] after setup epg storage on usb all start work good.

a911

The BH Lover
Check your Hard dick and disique C switch configurations (that connects to the satellites).

xfiler

Vu+ Newbie
Check your Hard dick and disique C switch configurations (that connects to the satellites).
Thanks for this. Do you know what the settings should be set to and how to navigate to these settings?

Am relatively new to this - this bug us driving me nuts to be honest.

If you could get back to me I'd really appreciate it.

a911

The BH Lover
I do not have Ultimo , but settings are almost the same, so lets See what U have?
make screenshut of your settings!

xfiler

Vu+ Newbie
I do not have Ultimo , but settings are almost the same, so lets See what U have?
make screenshut of your settings!
Hi - I did not know which settings - but see the ones below. If you need any other items let me know and will do my best to get these to you.

Best Regards and Thanks.

Attachments

• auto_language_settings.png
    auto_language_settings.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 15
  • av_settings.png
    av_settings.png
    28.2 KB · Views: 14
  • customise_settings.png
    customise_settings.png
    88.8 KB · Views: 14
  • device.png
    device.png
    76.5 KB · Views: 13
  • hdd_settings.png
    hdd_settings.png
    14 KB · Views: 11

xfiler

Vu+ Newbie
@xfiler : Reception settings (Satellite configuration) are necessary. (How many sats, type of LNB, ...)

Hi,

I have two tuners essentially - but just the one satellite - which is the standard Sky satellite dish. Am unsure what type of LNB there is - just wahtever comes with Sky. Below is the first tuner settings - I have the same for the second one. Also I have a DVB-T connection for picking up terrestial TV in Ireland.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Attachments

• tuner1.png
    tuner1.png
    100.1 KB · Views: 11
  • dvb-t.png
    dvb-t.png
    97.2 KB · Views: 8

xfiler

Vu+ Newbie
Now is clear. Try to set your Reception Settings to Simple, One, Astra 1N/2A/2F...., Send Diseqc None for both tuners and try with FTA channels.
May I ask what is the "One" above referring to? I have a "Mode" which can be Diseqc A/B, A/B/C/D, Positioner, Single, Tonebusrt A/B - I don't see "One".

Also when I change the settings above do I need to re-tune the channels?

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Set to Simple instead of Advanced, next voice to One.....
You don't have to rescan channels afterthen.

xfiler

Vu+ Newbie
Set to Simple instead of Advanced, next voice to One.....
You don't have to rescan channels afterthen.
Hi,
Have the settings below - are these correct? I don't see a Voice setting there.

Attachments

• simple.png
    simple.png
    99.8 KB · Views: 8

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Miiiiiiiii, Yomo! Sorry for OT:offtopic::offtopic:
Why don't you do as I wrote?
Tuner A - set as I wrote - no Diseqc !
Tuner B - set as I wrote - no Diseqc !
You don't have any Diseqc switch. Do you?

xfiler

Vu+ Newbie
Sorry for being a pain - am unfamiliar with the technology - just trying to get this to work. Anyway I have changed the setting to below. Am hoping this is what you mean. Many thanks for you help.

Attachments

• single1.png
    single1.png
    91.3 KB · Views: 9

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Sorry for being a pain - am unfamiliar with the technology - just trying to get this to work. Anyway I have changed the setting to below. Am hoping this is what you mean. Many thanks for you help.

Great! :) Are the recordings working now?

xfiler

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,
The recordings work fine - but the system hangs as usual when switching channels. It takes a few attempts - but switching from channel to channel makes the system hang (i.e a circular image is displayed on the screen - looks like as if it is busy - and never goes away. To get rid of it you must restart the server).

Any other ideas by any chance?