Can not flash from USB drive

jwlalek

Vu+ User
I've been going to change my Duo2 image from 2.1.6.1 to open black hole but box keeps going to start image without updating. Box reads USB drive (led flashes on USB) but update is unsuccessful. I tried different USB but with the same result. What else can I do?

Are you pressing the power button behind the front cover when prompted to start the flashing process?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk Pro

jwlalek

Vu+ User
There is no "UPDATE!" coming on main display (VFD). Box keeps starting an image. USB is FAT32 formatted and it's 32GB. There are 2 folders: 1st- vuplus, 2nd - duo2 and files.

Use a smaller size usb drive to flash the image..... 2gb is more than ample.

jwlalek

Vu+ User
I tried 8GB and still the same. I used to use 8GB (but different) and 16GB before with no problems.

I've used plenty of flash drives lots of times to install a image and then all of a sudden they don't work anymore.... No explanation as to why but you may need to purchase a new one for the job ( or borrow one) i find scandisk very good.

nunigaia

Thanks. I will try another one when I'll buy it.

1) - turn off duo2 rear power button
2) - Disconnect all your usb devices, usb pen, usb tunners, hdd usb, etc..

Put the stick ( Usb Pen Drive) tha contain the image you want upgrade on your usb front port
Turn your STB on rear power button
press power button, on front panel " on msg display ", to update your STB ... until said finished!

Best regards
nunigaia

Tony il Capo

Vu+ Newbie
That used to happen to me all the time, with my old box and also with my Duo2 right at the very first time I've tried to flash an image. Also there was no "Update" message in vdf...
Then I read somewhere to format drive using HP Format Tool and it worked for me.

I recommend you try it before you buy another flash drive.

nunigaia

That used to happen to me all the time, with my old box and also with my Duo2 right at the very first time I've tried to flash an image. Also there was no "Update" message in vdf...
Then I read somewhere to format drive using HP Format Tool and it worked for me.

I recommend you try it before you buy another flash drive.

I never used Hp format tool - Allways used format command windows 7 or Vista or Xp -- FAT32 with USB Pen Drives from 2, 4, 8 an 16Gb, but allways sandisk or tanscend, never missed an update!

Tony il Capo

Vu+ Newbie
I never used Hp format tool - Allways used format command windows 7 or Vista or Xp -- FAT32 with USB Pen Drives from 2, 4, 8 an 16Gb, but allways sandisk or tanscend, never missed an update!

I've never tried format via command, always used windows 'normal' format window and never worked for me. The box reads usb, but update message never shows up and the stb just hangs there or sometimes continues to normal boot.

nunigaia

I've never tried format via command, always used windows 'normal' format window and never worked for me. The box reads usb, but update message never shows up and the stb just hangs there or sometimes continues to normal boot.

I don´t said that i format via command --> as you now copy, format, rename, etc are windows commands.

I use format command on Windows environment not in DOS command, or command line.

See the sequence:

Scr 1

SCR_1.png
Scr 2

SCR_2.png

best regards
nunigaia

Last edited:

Tony il Capo

Vu+ Newbie
Sorry, I thought you were saying windows/dos cmd...

Exactly what I did many times, never worked, only formatting via HP Format Tool worked for me, not sure why.

Matrix10

Administrator
Cheap old USB stick of 1- 2GB that certainly works.
Some fast and big USB sticks creating problems.
Always format USB stick before use to flash.

Last edited:

jwlalek

Vu+ User
It's working now. I found my another USB drive, this one never let me down, it's 8GB Patriot Exporter 2.0 USB. The other two: Lexar 3.0 USB 32GB and SanDisk Cruze Force 2.0 USB 8GB don't work with my box anymore. Thanks for all your comments and help.

nunigaia

It's working now. I found my another USB drive, this one never let me down, it's 8GB Patriot Exporter 2.0 USB. The other two: Lexar 3.0 USB 32GB and SanDisk Cruze Force 2.0 USB 8GB don't work with my box anymore. Thanks for all your comments and help.

The Usb ports on duo2 are all 2.0 ( 3 ports ), so if you are using 3.0 devices maybe the issues you have, is regarding this.

All my devices are 2.0, and i have used 2.0 16Gb without any issues!

best regards
nunigaia

You will see the LED light on the front blink slowly when the image is being flashed... When the image has been installed the LED will start to flash quickly.