CrossEpg

arzaz

Vu+ User
If You have mounted HDD You will can change device storage in "configure" with < > on remote, if You have not mounted,You need to mount it !
Go /blue button/blue button/device manager /red button and Your HDD will be mounted and ask You for restart, click "YES".

Dear Dzoni,

How to know if the HDD is mounted and mapped?

a911

The BH Lover
U will have settings like this one
screenshot.jpg

And please stop posting the same Q? every where, stick to one place , this way its eaay to have good reply and help!
Thanx

a911

The BH Lover
Dear a911,

My HDD does not appear on Devices Manager?

Please help

Can U post Devices Manager Screenshot,,,,!
And U sure that the HDD was connected and is it new or used!
If it a used one , it should have clean format, then connected!

arzaz

Vu+ User
I received yesterday my new VU+ DUO with HDD 500 GO mounted.
I never use this fantastic box before
Please help me to get my HDD connected and mapped, because nothing appears on Devices Manager

Dzoni

BH Lover
I received yesterday my new VU+ DUO with HDD 500 GO mounted.
I never use this fantastic box before
Please help me to get my HDD connected and mapped, because nothing appears on Devices Manager

You have not any in "device manager" ?! Try to connect that HDD on pc and see what format have.

Lincsat

Vu+ User
With 6 or more providers Your box will slow down if use swap or reboot if not use ! I tried and test with 6-7 providers and if I activated swap my box slow down or if not activated box restarted.
So, optimal is 4 providers without swap and box WILL NOT slow down ! Off course disabled au update and reload on reboot.

Thanks, but it's working OK. I have swap activated and no noticeable slow down even after parking on a Sky DE channel for a couple of minutes to load their EPG as well

fantomas74

Vu+ Newbie
I have a problem with crossepg on vu+ uno. After configuration (using hard disk as device storage), if I press epg button and than blue button (MultiEpg) I can see program infos, but pressing blue button again to show following programs, vu+ crashes ( green screen) and reboots. Anyone with the same problem?

a911

The BH Lover
The same is happing with Vu dou , it causes the RAM of the STB's flash to overflow/cashed,,,,,,:confused: I think!
The ram memory is around 95% or more with epg data , where its about 58-72% with out it!

I use swap file @USB , it helps but not for long, crashes is more happening with the latest updates!

RgdZ
a911

birdman99

Vu+ User
do you know what guys i am not impressed at all with this epg system it just doesnt work i have it all set up and its blank,rather im doing something wrong or this is just not a reliable piece of kit>it makes me wish id of stuck with my old box so far im not happy with spending 300 pound on a box that is forever going wrong.it shouldnt be much to ask for from a 300 pound box to recieve a v guide,cu,mon.......

Tamaki

Administrator
do you know what guys i am not impressed at all with this epg system it just doesnt work i have it all set up and its blank,rather im doing something wrong or this is just not a reliable piece of kit>it makes me wish id of stuck with my old box so far im not happy with spending 300 pound on a box that is forever going wrong.it shouldnt be much to ask for from a 300 pound box to recieve a v guide,cu,mon.......
Try to use BH integrated epg.

birdman99

Vu+ User
so how do i delete the ones i have downloaded already and then tell me how i install the b.h one.thanks for help

Lincsat

Vu+ User
What packages are you trying to get the EPG data for? If you try to load too many, then it will crash. I find it works really well for Sky UK and Sky It. The German channels usually load automatically without needing to enter them in CrossEPG as they use a standard EPG.

I use Rytec for Sky IT and OpenTV for Sky UK with an overnight update. I have also set a Cron job to reboot the box 10 minutes before CrossEPG updates.

Tamaki

Administrator
so how do i delete the ones i have downloaded already and then tell me how i install the b.h one.thanks for help
You can download epg pressing blue botton, and then red botton.
In this way you can enter in epg panel and can download the epg you want or schedule it.
To delete previous epg download you can reboot your box.