Request Date and Time Issue

manosteel9423

Vu+ Newbie
Hi everyone!

I'm very new to the world of Enigma2. The Vu+ Zero4k is my first box and I am using it solely for IPTV. I installed the most recent version of BH image and have been able to install my IPTV service then added EPG-Importer so that I could get the EPG to work. However, the issue arises that the box is reading a date of Dec 31, 1969!

As you can imagine, that is causing some issues.

I have set the correct timezone, but there doesn't seem to be a way to manually change the date and time and the box isn't grabbing the information from the network. Can anyone tell me how to fix this please?

AlexWilMac

BH has no time function: it gets the date from the satellite, usually from the 1st channel if the first bouquet.
If you don't add any sat or dvb-t service, in BH you don't get the time and the date.
If you want this you should install OBH which has got a NTP connection.

gasth404

Vu+ Newbie
Is there another way correct time. With VU+ Control centre Telnet this command change nothig. I use Ultimo 4K with latest OBH and start last week my box time is wrong. I remembe that was file ntp.conf but cant find it from box.

AlexWilMac

Is there another way correct time. With VU+ Control centre Telnet this command change nothig. I use Ultimo 4K with latest OBH and start last week my box time is wrong. I remembe that was file ntp.conf but cant find it from box.

This section is about BH, not OBH.
In OBH you have no problems: they are simply accessible by
MENU/Setup/Time

where you have two options, the default (transponder time) or the NTP server.

I've always used this last and I've never had trubles. Obviously, you need an Internet connection because VU+, as other linux decoders, has got NO CLOCK on the main board. So it needs to take it from a transponder or, in OBH, from Internet.

gasth404

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks, but
MENU/Setup/Time
change nothing. I test different options with transporter an NTP ( is server europe.pool.ntp.org correct). EPG time is correct but user interf show me 06:00 03.09.2018

AlexWilMac

Yes, you need to restart or to wait the time you set for the refresh. I set it as "30 min", for instance. And it has always worked.

gasth404

Vu+ Newbie
It was always worked for me to but now result is same. Tuner clock about 2 days more then real clock and nothing change it. Maybe factory reset and new soft helps. :help:
clock.jpg

a_zero_4k

Vu+ Newbie
It was always worked for me to but now result is same. Tuner clock about 2 days more then real clock and nothing change it. Maybe factory reset and new soft helps. :help:
View attachment 39023

The same problem occurred and I learned all the aforementioned solutions and the image used Open Blackhall did not work
We want a solution from the experts with thanks to them

gogglebox

Vu+ User
If you’re not getting a broadcast signal, then you need to create a ntp.conf file and put it in /etc/enigma2. Then restart ntpd.