DUO2 tuner question

bsod

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

is there a max limit on the number of tuners the DUO2 supports? At the moment my unit has 4,

1x dual tuner Satellite
1 x terrestrial
1 x USB

I was thinking of this setup

2 x DVB-C/T tuner cards
2 x USB Dual tuner sticks

Doing so would bring the total tuner count to 6. Just not sure if the OS or Enigma supports that many tuners. Most of the skins I have seen only seem to cater for up to 4 tuners.

tia

Craig

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
I have used up to 6:
2 x DVB-S2 (internal dual tuner)
1 x DVB-T2 (internal tuner)
1 x DVB-S2 (USB)
2 x DVB-T (USB dual tuner)

I've modified the skin to accomplish for E and F tuners.

Anyway max number of installable tuners is even higher.:)

bsod

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks Eragon. What brand of USB dual tuners are you using. Here in OZ we have Leaktek, Hauppauge and Avermedia. These seem to be the more readily available ones. Just wondering if there is a FAQ that lists the various supported USB tuners.

tia

Craig

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
If you want to be sure buy a Hauppauge WinTV Nova T, the latest revision now has a metallic silver case and a Windows 8 compatible logo printed on the box.
This USB tuner has the advantage to be completely supported, also for what concerns the tuning signal levels (SR, AGC) that are visible in the skin.
BTW, however the sensibility of that USB tuner too is by far less than that of the internal Duo2's DVB-T2 tuner.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Hi,

is there a max limit on the number of tuners the DUO2 supports? At the moment my unit has 4,

1x dual tuner Satellite
1 x terrestrial
1 x USB

I was thinking of this setup

2 x DVB-C/T tuner cards
2 x USB Dual tuner sticks

Doing so would bring the total tuner count to 6. Just not sure if the OS or Enigma supports that many tuners. Most of the skins I have seen only seem to cater for up to 4 tuners.

tia

Craig

As I remeber well, limit is 9 tuners http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/support-for-4-x-vtuner-limitation.14821/#post-115082

stick50jr

Vu+ Newbie

Actually the limit is 8 tuners... to support 8 tuners (ie 8 separate transponders) we need 9 demux instances (the extra demux to cover simultaneous playback). The Duo2 is limited to 4 x internal tuners (eg 2 x twin tuners) + 4 x external tuners (eg 2 x dual usb tuners).

Your proposal to use 2 x internal dvb-t2 tuners + 4 x external dvb-t tuners is fine and is the maximum number of terrestrial tuners currently possible. As recommended above, I would also recommend the Hauppauge Nova-T usb sticks for good compatibility but get the dual variant (Nova-TD) rather than the single tuner.

My Duo2 has 7 x tuners: 1 x twin dvb-s2 (= 2), 1 x dvb-c/t (=1), 1 x usb Hauppauge Nova-TD dvb-t (=2) and 1 x usb Avermedia Twinstar dvb-t (=2). This configuration works well for me. :)

paolino

Vu+ User+++
BlackHole 2.1.1 vusolo2

vusolo2 login: root
root@vusolo2:~# cd /dev/dvb/adapter0
root@vusolo2:/dev/dvb/adapter0# ls
audio0 ca5 demux3 dvr1 dvr8 net3 video1
audio1 ca6 demux4 dvr2 frontend0 net4
ca0 ca7 demux5 dvr3 frontend1 net5
ca1 ca8 demux6 dvr4 frontend2 net6
ca2 demux0 demux7 dvr5 net0 net7
ca3 demux1 demux8 dvr6 net1 net8