Firmware upgrade from backup BH image

Odyssey

Vu+ Newbie
hi

to create Bachkup used two ways:

1. enigma2-plugin-extensions-backupsuite_7.3_mipsel (from Pedro_Newbie)

2. Script Backup to USB for Solo from feed BH

Backup is done on the Solo with the established BH 1.6.6, the latest drivers (20111122, while the other is the same).

Then restored to the same Solo (tried on another Solo - same problem)

problem is that in both cases after the firmware get a black screen. Solo on the remote responds, but nothing happens.

If you install the new BH 1.6.6 - all normal installed.

Prompt in what could be the problem?

Tamaki

Administrator
hi

Backup is done on the Solo with the established BH 1.6.6, the latest drivers (20111122, while the other is the same).

problem is that in both cases after the firmware get a black screen. Solo on the remote responds, but nothing happens.

I don't know the first plugin.
For the second, to reinstall backup you have to put backup files in a fat32 formatted pen and reflash it.
Do you know procedure to flash new img?
How did you restore backup? Give me some more info.

Odyssey

Vu+ Newbie
>For the second, to reinstall backup you have to put backup files in a fat32 formatted pen and reflash it.
Of course, I formatted usbstick, but it does not help. I tried to use as a front USB slot and rear - the same thing.

>Do you know procedure to flash new img?
I know the procedure of the firmware. I did install the original BH 1.6.6:) and it installs fine.

>How did you restore backup? Give me some more info.
after the backup is created using a script or plugin backupsuite 7.3 I copy files to the computer in a folder vuplus / solo and then it's on usbstick, insert in the front usb slot and flashed.

The most interesting thing else that enigma2 is loaded and I can go to ftp to Solo. The directory structure is restored from a backup

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-extensions-backupsuite_7.3_mipsel.rar
    50 KB · Views: 16

Armageddon

BH Lover
hi

I can confirm that it is problem with IMG Backup for solo, does not work properly since 1.6.2. I experience exactly the same problem when installing a few plugins. I have exactly the same setting on Duo, no problem there.

Follow this thread for info: http://www.vuplus-community.net/boa...y-digital-plus-subtitles-fix.2559/#post-21110

Armageddon

BH Lover
Why don't you use BH personal backup instead?
It works very well.

It´s not the same thing, if I want a full backup to easy restore a corrupt image or clone a box, USB img backup is the fastest. And for my other family members its very easy if something happens when I'm not around to help.

I only use BH PB when upgrading to new image. In that case it's of course the only and the best solution.

So... These two is for different purposes ens if it´s available for download it should work, right?

Regards

Odyssey

Vu+ Newbie
It´s not the same thing, if I want a full backup to easy restore a corrupt image or clone a box, USB img backup is the fastest. And for my other family members its very easy if something happens when I'm not around to help.

I only use BH PB when upgrading to new image. In that case it's of course the only and the best solution.
I fully agree with you Armageddon. Backupsuite 7.3 work working fine, but the result is restoring BH you already know.

Odyssey

Vu+ Newbie
Why don't you use BH personal backup instead?
It works very well.
Yes, but what about the picon, CrossEPG, skins, etc. - Unfortunately this is normally not recovered.
Tell me how you can contact the developers BH, so that they Fixed a problem? Surely there are people on forum team of BH ...

Odyssey

Vu+ Newbie
My assumptions:
1. The problem is the amount of generated image. As is well known image should be no more than 50 mb.
2. The problem in the skin, or rather if it differs from the default.