External USB HDD / USB Fail to mount

Good Morning All
Total noob here. My hard drive started not to record timer requests and I used to initialise it and it usually worked. Couple of weeks ago I got the error message unable to overwrite super/mega blocks.
My vu solo se2 box would then restart.
To avoid taking it apart and risk losing everything I bought a USB 125gb and started recording on to that.
Last couple of days this has now failed to store recording requests too.
I have had the error disk full etc. I reformatted the usb and the write error while recording. disk full?

Both drives timeout when I try to in initialise, if I try to mount them I get a software crash and the box reboots.

I'm at a loss. I don't want to start flashing it or anything too technical but I'm hoping it's something simple and someone can point me in the right direction of a fix.

Thanks in advance
Seasider

Mick12334

What image do you have loaded on your VU+ Solo SE v2?
It sound like your hard drive is failing, or full, and you should back up your recordings, on your PC, and then check the drive, by connecting it to your PC, and running diagnostic tools, or replace it.
What is the make/model of your hard drive?
Use Filezilla, a free FTP program, to transfer the recordings, you wish to save, to your PC, it's quite simple, providing you have enough room, on your PC's hard drive.

Thank you for your reply. It's VIX.
I'm not worried about the recordings there should be nothing on there. I bought the usb for convenience rather than having to take out the hard drive (its a Toshiba 350gb -which worked fine for over a year) and that worked straight away for over a week. It's just the last couple of days where it's now saying disk full on that. I know it's not because I've plugged it in to my laptop and there's nothing on it. I've reformatted it too and still get the same error message