how to configure cable tuner in vu+duo2

kapadia

Vu+ Newbie
I install cable tuner in vu+du2 tried to configure and scan but no joy any one know about how to do please guide me it will really helpful thanks...

Mick12334

Check the manual, there should be an online one explaining how to set it up.
I doubt most of us bother with a terrestrial, or a cable, tuner, as we are into satellite, and each country could be different. I should imagine that first you need to ensure your aerial, or cable, is working, and select your region, before scanning.
Have you set up the tuner options correctly?

kapadia

Vu+ Newbie
I m in England my cable works fine, I install vix Apollo 3.0 and cable works fine in there but I don't like vix Apollo want to go back to b.h again some where I read I have to install cable.xml but I don't know where to install this file I tried on tmp folder but I thing its not right if any body have knowledge of it please help me thanks

Mick12334

Is this for Cable or for Freeview?
Cable is provided by an operator whereas Freeview is provided from your roof aerial and is free.
satellites.xml, and terrestrial.xml can be found in the var folder, etc sub folder and then the tuxbox folder.

Ev0

Admin
this is the file cable.xml
It goes into /etc/tuxbox

The best thing to do is telnet into your box then type: init 4 and press enter

This will stop e2, now ftp the cables.xml file to /etc/tuxbox and then in telnet type: init 3 and press enter and E2 will then restart and will see the cables.xml file.

Now go into the tuner setup, go to your cable tuner and select your provider.

Alvi1

Vu+ Newbie
i have 2 A & B s tuners and buy new t2/c tuner install this in open vix its 3rd usb show up in tuners as C. aim in UK Manu can to search channels any help or there is any Backup here with sly and virm working one.