How uninstall Open Multiboot

guruamba

Vu+ Newbie
I have VU + UNO 4KSE and in flash IMG Black Hole. I installed Open BH5 in Open multiboot in HDD backup IMG it was probably broken. This IMG failed to run, it remained in the plugin and cannot be removed. The entire Open multiboot function is violated. I need advice on how to uninstall the entire Open multiboot plugin and reinstall it clean. A new installation of IMG will not help either, there is still Open BH5 in the plugin

AlexWilMac

If you are able to launch the image in flash, you can simply delete the image in OMB from the plugin's GUI.
Or you can also delete its subfolder, accessing your OMB device by FTP: all the OMB images are under
/media/hdd/open-multiboot

In that path you'll also find two hidden files:
.force
.selected

Edit the first and write 0 (zero)
Edit the second and write
flash

and remember that, in extreme cases, if you disconnect the OMB device, the box, after having tried to launch the image from OMB, will be forced to starto from flash. But you need to edit those two files (particularly .selected) any way.

guruamba

Vu+ Newbie
If you are able to launch the image in flash, you can simply delete the image in OMB from the plugin's GUI.
Or you can also delete its subfolder, accessing your OMB device by FTP: all the OMB images are under
/media/hdd/open-multiboot

In that path you'll also find two hidden files:
.force
.selected

Edit the first and write 0 (zero)
Edit the second and write
flash

and remember that, in extreme cases, if you disconnect the OMB device, the box, after having tried to launch the image from OMB, will be forced to starto from flash. But you need to edit those two files (particularly .selected) any way.

Your advice didn't help. I didn't find the .force and .selected files. I still can't remove open-multiboot from the receiver, either FTP or VUCC. The installation of Open Source software did not help either. I only removed the open-multiboot upload. Please help Administrator Matrix10

AlexWilMac

What does it mean "you didn't find"?
.force and .selected files are hidden, as I wrote: did you enable the view of hidden files? Use, for instance use Filezilla and enable this view under "Server" menu. Or do the same with your FTP software.
Deleting of upload folder has no effect of any kind. On the contrary, you'll need to create it again if you want to reuse the image(s) in OMB.
And you did not tell if you saw the /media/hdd/open-multiboot folder, that's the one containing images installed.

Last edited:

guruamba

Vu+ Newbie
What does it mean "you didn't find"?
.force and .selected files are hidden, as I wrote: did you enable the view of hidden files? Use, for instancem Filezilla and enable this view under "Server" menu. Or do the same with your FTP software.
Deleting of upload folder has no effect of any kind. On the contrary, you'll need to create it again if you want to reuse the image(s) in OMB.
And you did not tell if you saw the /media/hdd/open-multiboot folder, that's the one containing images installed.

Thank you, you are the Best of. The application helped, the openmultiboot folder disappeared. Thank you very much.