How watch channels in my PC ?

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Click on one of the small TV icons on the right side of the screen relative to the channel you wish to watch to.

streamlink-png.19361

valdemirs

Vu+ Newbie
When I click in the little tv icon, is downloaded a "stream.m3u" file in my chrome browser.
When I click in this downloaded file, windows media player is opened, but nothing is showed.

nunigaia

When I click in the little tv icon, is downloaded a "stream.m3u" file in my chrome browser.
When I click in this downloaded file, windows media player is opened, but nothing is showed.
Install vlc from Vídeolan.org open m3u file with vlc payer and make it as your default player.

Best regards

nunigaia

valdemirs

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,
I installed VLC player, and now when I click in the small tv icon it opens VLC player, but nothing is showed.
(I noted that every small tv icon haves the same IP address - 192.168.88.251/# )

valdemirs

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

This functions it´s working now, but with a lot of squaring:

squaring.png
Is there any way to fix this ?

Thanks.

Edit: Image linked

Last edited by a moderator:

valdemirs

Vu+ Newbie
I noted that if I click in the white small tv icon (transcoded streaming), images are better, working fine !
transcoded.png

valdemirs

Vu+ Newbie
yes ! When I use transcoded streaming, network traffic hits ~ 3Mb/s.
When I use stream, network traffic hits ~ 8Mb/s, and I have squaring.

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Transcoding requires less bandwidth but images are compressed and of less quality, streaming provides images just as received from satellite, but requires a greater effective bandwidth (then possible freezes and pixelation).

valdemirs

Vu+ Newbie
I installed a tp-link nano router in my Vu Box:

Code:
http://www.tp-link.com/lk/products/details/?model=TL-WR702N

and I noted a little increase in streaming image quality, but I have pixelation yet.

Is there any recommendation to increase this ?

Edit: use a CODE tag for the external links.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
There is probably only a little advantage (if any) in replacing the internal Duo2 wireless transmitter with an external wireless bridge.

If the distance between the Duo2 (or the external bridge) and the wireless router is particularly long or interfered, probably there is not enough available bandwidth for an optimal streaming.

To be sure that the cause lies in the wireless connection you could try directly connecting the Duo2 and the PC by means of a LAN cable.

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Not very far indeed...;)

I dont' know how your wireless router has been configured nor if you live in a building with many other wifi networks around, but possibly it's worth a try to search for a better wifi channel to use.

Anyway, if possible for testing purpose use a long LAN cable and connect the Duo2 to the wireless router to rule out any problem in the Duo2 itself.