HowTo Mount HDD and USB in the Black Hole Devices Manger

selim57

Vu+ Newbie
I know the box is linux but I've 320gb HDD inside. It's NTFS too. But no problem with that.
When I plugged the 2TB into the tray, same problem with the USB.

The problem is not just the NTFS. It is actually NTFS drives above 2TB as far as I've learned.

Thank you for your responses.

Note: I'm not a newbie. :) Don't think that I'm a newbie by looking at my user profile. :offtopic:

Matrix10

Administrator
I know the box is linux but I've 320gb HDD inside. It's NTFS too. But no problem with that.
When I plugged the 2TB into the tray, same problem with the USB.

The problem is not just the NTFS. It is actually NTFS drives above 2TB as far as I've learned.

Thank you for your responses.

Note: I'm not a newbie. :) Don't think that I'm a newbie by looking at my user profile. :offtopic:

Unfortunately I have no experience with such a big HDD in box,and I have nothing to test.
Maybe somebody has a better answer.
Maybe the Black Hole image coder reads the post.
Have you tried both images Black Hole and Open Black Hole
with your 2TB disc ?
We have two images.
Maybe one has better support for big HDD.

AlexWilMac

I did not meant to treat you as a newbie, really. My messages are the same either toward newbies or not.
But, as a person directly involved in IT since 1982, don't you think is the case to try and format a linux-based receiver to use its own FS?
In IT, often, there is no guaranteed recipe and it's a good idea to go step by step changing one parameter at the time.
And just because you write there's a different behaviour between two different size's HDDs with the same FS, maybe you'd be curious to know if it happens also formatting the 2Tb one as Ext4 (and removing every other partitions as well) to see if Ext4 is able to manage large disks.
If nothing changes you'll have found out an interesting thing.
After all, if you need to directly connect this internal HDD to a win PC, there are also tools able to do that. I, too, couldn't directly read my HDDs by my Mac. So I bought a little but effective software and this made also my computer more... "universal".

selim57

Vu+ Newbie
I had problems with openBH too. Same problem.
I've no choice to re-format the HDD to ext4. Even if I have I don't. I had bad memories. :) Ten years ago I was using Popcorn Hour and it needed EXT3. I had 2TB 3,5" HDD that time. At that time Windows ext3,4 file managers really sucked. But I haven't used one for 10 years, though.
Anyway, I've no option to reformat my HDD so cannot mount it. As I cannot mount it I am not able to create a movie library on kodi.

Thank you for your responses both.:thanks: