LCD4Linux config for Vu+ Duo 4k & BH 3.0.9

NinjaFromNZ

Vu+ Newbie
There are few, if any examples of LCD4Linux settings in the forum that work on a Vu+ Duo 4k with Black Hole

It turns out that it's not too hard to build these using the plug in on the device itself. They key step needed is from the plug in, press the blue button until you get to Global settings and toggle the setting that is 2/3 of the way down the first page that is called "Screens Used for Changing". If using the web interface from http://<your box IP Address>/lcd4linux/config then the setting you need to edit is shown below. I have it set to allow up to 4 screens to be used

LCD4Linux settings.jpg

If you use the plug on your box, then it is really easy to see the effect of the changes you make. As soon as you make a change, it is reflected on the display. Once you change this setting to more than one screen the display on your TV cycles through the screens every 2-3 seconds so you can assess the impact of your changes.

Here is what I've set up - and I'll attach the config file as well.

Idle: (i.e. on Stand by)
IMG_2979.jpg
Playing media (the thumbnail search is a bit random - the recorded program is a light hearted sports news program, not a Thomas Hardy novel!)

IMG_2980.jpg
And when watching live TV, it cycles through these 4 screens:

1. What's on now: (red blob in top RH corner shows a timer is recording currently)

IMG_2978.jpg
2. Now & Next

IMG_2975.jpg

3. Weather, sunrise/sunset and moon phase

IMG_2977.jpg

4. Timers - currently recording program in red, available flash memory, HDD space etc.

IMG_2976.jpg

Config file:

Attachments

• lcd4config.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 355

any

Vu+ Newbie
I tried to put this lcd4config.zip
File size: 1.9 KBViews: but the receiver appears at the left corner and not the whole receiver screen what needs to be done
I have a vu +ultimo 4k

NinjaFromNZ

Vu+ Newbie
Try creating your own following the instructions I provided at the start of the post

This is for a Duo 4K and I believe the LCD layout is different on the Ultimo. It’s likely to be easier to start from scratch rather than trying to rejig mine

carlosm

Vu+ Newbie
Thx for the file. On the right side of the screen a part is missing, how do i set the right screen size? i tried, but only a black screens appears now.