Lost crossepg

markmr3

Vu+ User
I have lost cross epg and when I try to reload the epg the screen say it cannot find epg.dat. Why is this and how do I fix it

yummer

BH Lover
have you tried downloading again from providers? do you save cross epg to hdd? the epg.dat file may be corrupted and you might have to delete it and download from providers again.

markmr3

Vu+ User
have you tried downloading again from providers? do you save cross epg to hdd? the epg.dat file may be corrupted and you might have to delete it and download from providers again.

For some reason I have lost all the providers on xepgdb and I only have 4 providers on xmltv. I dont know where the have gone. I was watching the tv when the screen went green and it rebooted itself. All sats and channels were there but no epg and then I noticed no providers. Any ideas what I can do

markmr3

Vu+ User
Yes I do save the epg to hdd, how do I delete the epg.dat file. For some reason I have lost all the providers on xepgdb and I only have 4 providers on xmltv. I dont know where the have gone. I was watching the tv when the screen went green and it rebooted itself. All sats and channels were there but no epg and then I noticed no providers. Any ideas what I can do

markmr3

Vu+ User
another thing maybe you can help me with, the last time this happened I had to reflash the stb with a new image with a usb in the socket in the front of the stb. But then that deletes everything in the stb and I have to put all the settings back in again, which takes me ages but there are some settings that I cant put in and I have to pay a shop to do it. Is there a way to reflash the image in the stb that wont delete all my settings. I am running a old image BH 1.6.2 as we couldnt get the stb to accept other images. We tried 6 or 7 different images but this was the only image that worked. I have sent the stb back to the dealer a couple of times for him to look at it but he says there is nothing wrong with it. I just initialised the hdd because the hdd wasnt showing in the mount points and the stb crashed. It seems that what ever I do lately it crashes. Any help or advice would be most helpfull. Thanks

yummer

BH Lover
think to get past an old image like that you may have to update the bootloader first. (search forum for this) thats why no new images will flash. with regards to all the green screens your having these should generate a crash log on your stb within the hdd. you need something like dcc (dreambox control centre) (availible on the forum) to access this and then you can upload it to the forum for the coders and clever ones to tell you what is causing them. also with this software you can look at said settings etc and plugins and install them yourself. :)

markmr3

Vu+ User
think to get past an old image like that you may have to update the bootloader first. (search forum for this) thats why no new images will flash. with regards to all the green screens your having these should generate a crash log on your stb within the hdd. you need something like dcc (dreambox control centre) (availible on the forum) to access this and then you can upload it to the forum for the coders and clever ones to tell you what is causing them. also with this software you can look at said settings etc and plugins and install them yourself. :)

Ok thanks, For some reason the epg is not going to the hdd even though I set it to do so also I noticed my flsh is full. This morning I have no epg at all. Ive tried to download rytec again but still nothing happening. Ive got DCC on my laptop so I shall try to access the stb and have a look. Thanks

yummer

BH Lover
if your flash is full thats prob why your stb keeps crashing mate. it will be easier to start from scratch im afraid. bootloader and latest image would be best. you really could do with using dreambox control centre to get some information off your stb. rather than paying shop all the time.

markmr3

Vu+ User
if your flash is full thats prob why your stb keeps crashing mate. it will be easier to start from scratch im afraid. bootloader and latest image would be best. you really could do with using dreambox control centre to get some information off your stb. rather than paying shop all the time.

Yes I understand this but it knowing what to do to sort the problem out. Maybe I started using thise stuff to late in life. I can use a pc because I was shown how to but nobody shows you how to use the stb. I have accessed the Dreambox edit but I cannot find anything regarding the flash or logfile