Manage audio delay during a movie

XabiX

Vu+ Newbie
Hello,

1st of all I love this image. This adds actually extra value to the vu+ went I compare with others demo with not as good images :)

When I watch some movies downloaded after some time the audio start to have some delays. Therefore I started pressing all the buttons of the remote to find a way to fix this.

But I didn't find many commands while watching such avi movie. Mainly rewind/forward, exit and menu.

Is there a possibility to access such settings? Is there a precise plugin for that? I found one called audio_sync but it doesn't allow any control while watching an avi file.

Thanks
XabiX

XabiX

Vu+ Newbie
I am surprised to be the only one hitting this issue. Will try to read this file with vlc see if I got the same results so I can know if it's an issue on the file or the media player of the blackhole. Anyway such plugin would be good :D

Nice Monkey

Vu+ User
In fact I have never had this problem and do own a great many movies (almost all in original DVD or BD format).

With various SD and HD container formats (like AVI) the source of audio and subtitle tracks are often dubious. Some could have a mix of 24p and 25p as the source. This may be causing the observed problem if re-muxing and packaging is not properly done. Some subtitle techniques are frame based and other are time based. Audio is always frame based by my knowledge and runs synchronous with the video stream.
There are media players (both HW and SW based) where you can adjust the subtitle delay interactivily controlled via the remote but by my knowledge this won't work for audio streams for the reason mentioned. Subtitles are then put on the screen using overlay techniques working independently from the mainstream processing.

A fixed audio delay problem is today adjusted by HDMI which does this automatically for you if enabled (Auto-Sync= ON).

XabiX

Vu+ Newbie
When you say: " if you enable (Auto-Sync= ON)"
is this on the audio amplifier or a setting within the player or BH?
Here I don't use subtitles so they only issue is with the audio stream as you commented.

Do you recommend a plugin to see the video info like codec, images/s, resolution etc...

Thanks

Nice Monkey

Vu+ User
Auto-Sync is a setting on your TV (or AMP if you are using one inbetween).
It deels with differences in fixed relative small audio/video delays due to AMP/TV electronics processing each stream seperately. This is not the problem you appear to be experiencing as it would be constant and with all material.

A plugin for info (VLC always has this already) may be useful to diagnose the cause of your problem. I don't use any personally. I stick to the real things being DVD or BD accepting the bigger sizes.