Nas and Backup

ObiWan

Vip
Hi
my Ultimo is connected with a NAS and I've some shared dir, one of these is used as HDD replacemente: all is working good but with 1.79 I cannot make Backup 'cause no device is detected.
I'm sure that with previous version backup was performed to shared dir ...
Thanks a lot

cu

Tamaki

Administrator
Hi
my Ultimo is connected with a NAS and I've some shared dir, one of these is used as HDD replacemente: all is working good but with 1.79 I cannot make Backup 'cause no device is detected.
I'm sure that with previous version backup was performed to shared dir ...
Thanks a lot

cu
Is it mounted correctly?

ObiWan

Vip
Hi
yes I suppose...
Actually I can register on it as it was my internal HDD, I see shared dir and play all what I want...

cu

ObiWan

Vip
hi
while waiting for an answer I've notice that when I play a video (from NAS) using FF associated to numeric button the amount of free memory raise till 90% and then video start freezing....

cu

Tamaki

Administrator
Hi
yes I suppose...
Actually I can register on it as it was my internal HDD, I see shared dir and play all what I want...

cu
Are you talking about Personal backup or full backup?
In Personal backup you can choose where to store backup.

ObiWan

Vip
Hi
I cannot use no one of backup methods....
I've 3 shared dir (NFS)

1) Film
2) Hard
3) hdd used as hdd replacement

1 and 2 are visible in Media Player and I can use the file stored on them, 3 is the one on which are stored the file recorded from receiver.
When I try to use BAKUP the error is "No device found.... ", if I use PERSONAL BACKUP it says to setup device first, and when I try
do setup the error is the same, "No device found.... ".

I'm sure that I' ve used the two method 2 or 3 version ago and all was working good.

Thanks a lot

cu

Tamaki

Administrator
Hi
I cannot use no one of backup methods....
I've 3 shared dir (NFS)

1) Film
2) Hard
3) hdd used as hdd replacement

1 and 2 are visible in Media Player and I can use the file stored on them, 3 is the one on which are stored the file recorded from receiver.
When I try to use BAKUP the error is "No device found.... ", if I use PERSONAL BACKUP it says to setup device first, and when I try
do setup the error is the same, "No device found.... ".

I'm sure that I' ve used the two method 2 or 3 version ago and all was working good.

Thanks a lot

cu
That is really strange as it should work.
Check this.
Try to connect via ftp and go media/hdd and try to copy anything you want on it.
Tell me if you can.

Tamaki

Administrator
Try also to give me the output of command mount on telnet.
I have my solo2 connected with my ultimo using his hdd as media hdd and i have this output:
root@vusolo2:~# mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
ubi0:rootfs on / type ubifs (rw,sync,relatime)
devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=285836k,nr_inodes=71459,mode=755)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
udev on /dev type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=2048k,mode=755)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,gid=5,mode=620)
usbdevfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /var type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,relatime,mode=777)
/dev/disk/by-uuid/08f2f512-d7c5-47cd-ad28-4facf0ba5c27 on /media/usb type ext2 (rw,relatime,barrier=1)
/dev/disk/by-uuid/222a9317-13ec-45e0-8da9-6a3e15d304e0 on /universe type ext2 (rw,relatime,barrier=1)
/dev/disk/by-uuid/7B3B-1D0B on /media/cf type vfat (rw,relatime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro)
djmount on /media/upnp type fuse.djmount (ro,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0)
automount(pid715) on /autofs type autofs (rw,relatime,fd=4,pgrp=715,timeout=5,minproto=2,maxproto=4,indirect)
//192.168.0.24/Harddisk on /media/net/VUULTIMO type cifs (rw,mand,relatime,sec=ntlm,unc=\192.168.0.24\Harddisk,username=username,uid=0,noforceuid,gid=0,noforcegid,addr=192.168.0.24,file_mode=0755,dir_mode=0755,nounix,serverino,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,actimeo=1)

ObiWan

Vip
Hi @Tamaki
thanks for your attention

Try to connect via ftp and go media/hdd and try to copy anything you want on it.
Tell me if you can.
Yes it work

Try also to give me the output of command mount on telnet.
Here it is (the HARD shared dir I mentioned the post before is not mounted at the moment..)

Code:
root@vuultimo:~# mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
ubi0:rootfs on / type ubifs (rw,sync,relatime)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
udev on /dev type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=2048k,mode=755)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,gid=5,mode=620)
usbdevfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw,relatime)
/dev/mtdblock2 on /boot type jffs2 (ro,relatime)
tmpfs on /var type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,relatime,mode=777)
nfsd on /proc/fs/nfsd type nfsd (rw,relatime)
automount(pid675) on /autofs type autofs (rw,relatime,fd=4,pgrp=675,timeout=5,minproto=2,maxproto=4,indirect)
192.168.10.2:/film/ on /media/net/FILM type nfs (rw,relatime,vers=3,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,namlen=255,hard,nolock,proto=tcp,port=65535,timeo=70,retrans=3,sec=sys,local_lock=all,addr=192.168.10.2)
192.168.10.2:/ET9000/ on /media/net/HDD type nfs (rw,relatime,vers=3,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,namlen=255,hard,nolock,proto=tcp,port=65535,timeo=70,retrans=3,sec=sys,local_lock=all,addr=192.168.10.2)
root@vuultimo:~#

ObiWan

Vip
Code:
[global]
  load printers = no
  guest account = root
  log file = /tmp/smb.log
  log level = 1
  security = share
  server string = Vuplus %h network services
  workgroup = Vuplus
  netbios name = %h
  case sensitive=yes
  preserve case=yes
  short preserve case=yes
  socket options = TCP_NODELAY
  preferred master = no ;(These stop the machine being master browser, which means that it doesn't waste time there.)
  unix extensions = no

[Configuration]
  comment = Configuration files - take care!
  path = /var
  wide links = yes
  read only = no
  public = yes
  guest ok = yes

[Harddisk]
  comment = The harddisk
  path = /hdd
  wide links = yes
  read only = no
  public = yes
  guest ok = yes

Tamaki

Administrator
Your config is exactly like mine.
I really don't know why it doesn't work.
What i can suggest you, if you want to loose some time is trying to reflash a new img and see if it works.
I'm sorry. :(

ObiWan

Vip
Hi Tamaki
thanks for your answer, I'll reflash asap: if it can help you I have a UnixBox Nano with BH1.78 installed and the problem is present on it also...

cu

ObiWan

Vip
Hi
I have not reflash my Ultimo yet, but I've a new fact to tell that may be will be useull. I' m testing Vu+Solo2 and I've shared same dir as Ultimo, on my NAS, for HDD replacement: with Solo2 Personal Backup is working well, but the strange think is that the file related to backup is seen also by Ultimo in the Personal Backup windows .....
Hope this will help you

Thanks

cu

Tamaki

Administrator
Hi
I have not reflash my Ultimo yet, but I've a new fact to tell that may be will be useull. I' m testing Vu+Solo2 and I've shared same dir as Ultimo, on my NAS, for HDD replacement: with Solo2 Personal Backup is working well, but the strange think is that the file related to backup is seen also by Ultimo in the Personal Backup windows .....
Hope this will help you

Thanks

cu
Maybe that file is shared from nas trough solo2.
Be careful not to use solo2 personal backup on ultimo :)

ObiWan

Vip
Maybe that file is shared from nas trough solo2.
Of course but if the Ultimo does not consider any dir to store backup why iya can see the vbackup from another receiver ? In theory it should not see dire and file

Be careful not to use solo2 personal backup on ultimo :)
ahahhaah this will solve all my problem... forever :)

Tamaki

Administrator
Of course but if the Ultimo does not consider any dir to store backup why iya can see the vbackup from another receiver ? In theory it should not see dire and file

ahahhaah this will solve all my problem... forever :)

Once i restored solo personal backup on uno. It was working strange :D

ObiWan

Vip
Hi
I' ve installed 2.0 and as for 1.7.9 backup does not work . All is the same as in the posts in this thread

sigh

cu