New OBH features

AlexWilMac

I thought it was useful to create this thread, inviting every user to report ONLY the new features to keep it simple.
So: no bugs, no issues, no problems whatsoever: for these, please, open a new thread ore use the main thread named "OpenBlackhole updates", as usual for issues..
Actually, new features are often discovered by chance, because the "Release notes" do not talk about new options in the submenus and so on.
My advice is to be brief in describing them.

So, I'll begin by the 4.4.009 features I've already found: if you found something else, let us know!

1) New blindscan terrestrial option: "Blindscan terrestrial (if possible)"
it's under various menus, concerning scan (automatic scan, manual scan...)

Use:
If enabled, it does a "pre-scan" to collect a list of used transponders. Then it only scans for those used transponders.
If not enabled, it will directly use the transponders specified in terrestrial.xml files, according to the user choice.
(Comment: for those who, like me, have edited their terrestrial.xml to delete the unused transponders, according to the frequencies valid in their city, it's much faster to scan WITHOUT this option enabled).

2) New option in the Setup/GUI configuration
The last line is new: Show setup default values

Available choices
a) Show default after description
b) Show default on new line
c) Don't show default

It means you'll read the default option in the description field (at the bottom of the screen, usually) and it'll be written immediately after the description (a) or in the following row (b) or never (c).

These are the ones I've found so far. If anyone found something, I please you to continue this thread being focused only on the "discoveries". :)

AlexWilMac

New option in Movie List settings (that means, the one accessed by entering the movie list and pressing MENU/Settings...):

The option is called
Enable automatic collections

Options:
-Off
-On:

if you set a multiple timer (or an automatic timer) which produces multiple recordings with the same title, you'll see these recordings grouped and showed by the same symbol of folders (and you'll read on the right how many recordings there are in this group).
-On except in same named directory:
if the multiple recordings are set to be stored within a folder of your choice and this folder has the same name of the recordings' titles, you'll see them NOT grouped.
Example: you have many recordings named "Columbo" by your timers. If you created a subfolder named "Columbo" as well, and if your timers are set to store these recordings within this subfolder, they will be listed normally, not grouped if you choose this option.
If, instead, the subfolder's name is not exactly "Columbo", they'll be listed as a group, as it is when you set this option to ON.

PLEASE NOTE:
the filename is obviously different for each instance, because it contains also the date. But this option works using the recording title, not its filename.

1.jpg