OBH 4.4 Terrestrial Complete scan impossible

AlexWilMac

I put back 4.4 after being on the 4.3 for many reasons and I found a very strange issue in the Terrestrial scan.
It affects, in my Solo4K, only the Manual scan (in case you choose COMPLETE) and not also the Automatic scan.

First of all, it now completely ignores my edited terrestrial frequencies and it starts the automatic recognition of actually used frequencies. It is a waste of time because the scan with my edited files needs only 30".

But the real problems comes after the scan because I get an error message like the tuner was not configured.
Not only it is perfectly configures (it's a twin DVB-T2 tuner) and not only I'm able to watch the terrestrial channels but, if I try a single transponder scan, it works and finds the existing channels.

OK: then, to be sure it was not due to my edited file, I tried the original terrestrial.xml but nothing changes.

So, I tried to disable and then re-enable both tuners: nothing.

At this point, I put back my edited and optimized file and tried again the Automatic Scan, choosing only the terrestrial tuner and... surprise! Now it worked and used my optimized file.
But still it wants to examine the used frequency before performing the scan: how can I disable this feature? I looked around but I can't see this option.
I don't need it because it triples the scanning's time compared to my file.
I'm almost sure it was introduced by OBH 4.3 or even before, but I hadn't seen it for ages. This means I must've found the way to disable somewhere and somewhat ;)

Attachments

• OBH-Terrestrial scan search.jpg
    OBH-Terrestrial scan search.jpg
    448 KB · Views: 8
  • OBH-Terrestrial scan search error.jpg
    OBH-Terrestrial scan search error.jpg
    447.6 KB · Views: 8

AlexWilMac

You are right and I apologise for not having well noted it: you attached the screens with the same error I reported and, mea culpa, I did not notice them.
Actually, you seemed focused on the GREEN key which was invisible and, although you posted the screen error, you did not underline it ;)
Anyway, now it's clear we are no longer talking about the green key but about a more serious problem in the scan function.

AlexWilMac

Is no longer a simple button view problem: as already reported by @p.rodrigues in post #745 and by me in this thread
https://www.vuplus-community.net/bo...l-complete-scan-impossible.42215/#post-275812

is a bug affecting the scan, but only for terrestrial tuners.
I tried not only by my favourite skin but also by the system default BlackShadowSE and a few other ones and the bug affects each one.

I don't know if it's a generic terrestrial tuner related bug or just for some. Surely, my tuner (Vuplus DVB-T NIM(TT3L10) (MultiType DVB-C/T2)) is quite common.
I hadn't also tried OBH 4.4 on the Duo2 equipped by the same tuner but I'll do as soon as possible to see if it's a bug related to specific CPU versions.

Last edited:

Matrix10

Administrator
I didn't quite understand what is the problem.
The truth is I don't use DVB-T / T2.
But i have one tuner so I tested.

On my Ultimo 4k with built-in TT2L08 DVB-C / T2
the tuner all works with a clean installed image and upgraded
Manual / Automatic scan works.
The signal finder also works.
Tested with a standard terrestrial xml from image.

Note on automatic scanning
you can skip (Try to find used transponders ..)
with the exit button.
Then it scans all frequencies completely.

The cable tuner also works with the same results but i cannot skip check (Try to find used transponders ..) with automatic scan.
Maybe because I upload my list.

Attachments

• shot1.jpg
    shot1.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 22
  • shot2.jpg
    shot2.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 21
  • shot4.jpg
    shot4.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 21
  • shot6.jpg
    shot6.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 21
  • shot7.jpg
    shot7.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 21
  • shot9.jpg
    shot9.jpg
    750.1 KB · Views: 24
  • shot10.jpg
    shot10.jpg
    651.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

nunigaia

Thank you very much for that. I downloaded and unzipped the skin.xml file and tried to overwrite the old one in the BlackShadowSE_P folder. It seems to copy across, but when I check, the skin.xm file spontaneously changes its size from 908KB to 828 KB. What is more, after rebooting the box, the behaviour of the Signal finder and the Manual scan is quite unaltered.
What do you sugges?
Many thanks

The skin.xml file size should be 809 kb.

best regards
nunigaia

AlexWilMac

Well: it's simple in my case and in p.rodriguez case, terrestrial scan does not work and gives us the same error (the one reported by pictures).
I don't remember if it was the same from the start (after the 4.4 release) because I had to abandon 4.4 for a while and go back to 4.3.
But I can try on a fullbackup, just to try.

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
I didn't quite understand what is the problem.
The truth is I don't use DVB-T / T2.
But i have one tuner so I tested.

On my Ultimo 4k with built-in TT2L08 DVB-C / T2
the tuner all works with a clean installed image and upgraded
Manual / Automatic scan works.
The signal finder also works.
Tested with a standard terrestrial xml from image.

Note on automatic scanning
you can skip (Try to find used transponders ..)
with the exit button.
Then it scans all frequencies completely.

The cable tuner also works with the same results but i cannot skip check (Try to find used transponders ..) with automatic scan.
Maybe because I upload my list.

Well I do not think it took into account a "small" detail that I reported: there is no problem in the Xbox Tuner but in the USB Turbo and MTSif the problem is there. That is, is the problem just with VU+ hardware?

Yes Satfinder also has the reported problem.

ime

Vu+ Newbie
Two matters:

1. re Alexwilmac - I do not know if the problem occurs with terrestrial tuners, but I can say for certain that it is a problem with satellite tuners - I do not have a terrestrial tuner, only a satellite tuner.
2. re Ninigaia - yes, I agree that the skin.xml file size, once unzipped from your uploaded file, should be 809 KB (actually, it is shown as 808 kb on my unzip). The issue I had raised was that when I copy that to the STB, it literally turns into the 828 KB skin.xml file that I am trying to replace.

Matrix10

Administrator
Well I do not think it took into account a "small" detail that I reported: there is no problem in the Xbox Tuner but in the USB Turbo and MTSif the problem is there. That is, is the problem just with VU+ hardware?

Yes Satfinder also has the reported problem.

Have you tested with Black Hole ?
They changed something by adding turbo tuner .
It seems to me three or four weeks ago there were changes with the tuners.
I see changes in OE-A GIT but also in VU +.
If this is the case with the BH image, then maybe the drivers are no longer good.
And if not then it is specific to OE-A images changes.

AlexWilMac

1) This is NOT just and only about TurboTuner but also internal VU+ ones.
2) I've just installed a new session of OBH 4.4 leaving it at the .001 release and tested Manual COMPLETE scan for terrestrial (or identically Automatic Scan, when it starts doing the terrestrial scan) and:
a) The OK message is there (although it is possible to use the Green button, too).
b) The annoying "prescan" doesn't occur (so I can use only the transponders set in my terrestrial.xml optimized file).
c) NO final error is reported about the tuner!

As 2nd step I downloaded EclipseFire skin to get the new version and see if the bug is related to the exclusive use of green button.
But, under 4.4.001 there is no Green button shown (of course, I'd say: it was not needed under those old releases, as it wasn't also under 4.3 and before).

As 3rd step I updated the image to .008 and, as I was sure, the bug popped out again: OK message to start the scan disappeared, annoying prescan and final error after it (Nothing to scan...).
I call it a bug because this is just what it is and I got confirmations about that by other users, too.

It's not caused by your skins, @Matrix10 , but by a new coding in the image, instead.

Finally, I tested the same scenario under the cousin image ViX 5.4 and there it happens exactly the same (tested releases .007 and .008).
So we have to thank their coders again... ;)
I'll report to them, then. And I'll pray. ;)

Attachments

• OBH-4.4.001-ManualScan-Complete-1.jpg
    OBH-4.4.001-ManualScan-Complete-1.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 12
  • OBH-4.4.001-ManualScan-Complete-2.jpg
    OBH-4.4.001-ManualScan-Complete-2.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 12
  • ViX-5.4-ManualScan-Complete-1.jpg
    ViX-5.4-ManualScan-Complete-1.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 11
  • ViX-5.4-ManualScan-Complete-2.jpg
    ViX-5.4-ManualScan-Complete-2.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 11

AlexWilMac

I posted my previous post before noticing yours, @Matrix10: I've just following your advice and, yes, the problem was ScanSetup.pyo. Thanks a lot!
But, as it comes from ViX 5.4.007, maybe some admins might tell them :D

Ev0

Admin
1) This is NOT just and only about TurboTuner but also internal VU+ ones.
2) I've just installed a new session of OBH 4.4 leaving it at the .001 release and tested Manual COMPLETE scan for terrestrial (or identically Automatic Scan, when it starts doing the terrestrial scan) and:
a) The OK message is there (although it is possible to use the Green button, too).
b) The annoying "prescan" doesn't occur (so I can use only the transponders set in my terrestrial.xml optimized file).
c) NO final error is reported about the tuner!

As 2nd step I downloaded EclipseFire skin to get the new version and see if the bug is related to the exclusive use of green button.
But, under 4.4.001 there is no Green button shown (of course, I'd say: it was not needed under those old releases, as it wasn't also under 4.3 and before).

As 3rd step I updated the image to .008 and, as I was sure, the bug popped out again: OK message to start the scan disappeared, annoying prescan and final error after it (Nothing to scan...).
I call it a bug because this is just what it is and I got confirmations about that by other users, too.

It's not caused by your skins, @Matrix10 , but by a new coding in the image, instead.

Finally, I tested the same scenario under the cousin image ViX 5.4 and there it happens exactly the same (tested releases .007 and .008).
So we have to thank their coders again... ;)
I'll report to them, then. And I'll pray. ;)

I can not confirm your bug i'm afraid.

Yes when you do a scan it brings up the pre-scan, which is a bit annoying but there is nothing wrong with that imo.

I did find another bug though, if you do not set network scan to yes, then it will only search the first and last transponders found it seem's.

AlexWilMac

Well: many different users with different models confirmed the bug: can you explain what do you mean you cannot confirm it?
As soon as possible, I'll test it under two other VU+ models. But for now I collected other users tries.
I reported it in ViX forum and it was acknowledged by an admin.
The prescan has never been performed in open images: it was only a BH features and, yes, it's not a bug but it's a nonsense because it made useless any optimizations of the terrestrial.xml file.

Your other finding is interesting (I usually don't set YES to network scan, just because I use optimized files for both satellites and terrestrial scans. But it's interesting because confirms that the bug is in that .pyo file. That's why it doesn't occur using the old one.

It was introduced, as I demonstrated, not immediately by OBH 4.4.001 and ViX 5.4.001 but after one of the updates.

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
I went to get this file to an OBH 4.2 and the error continued... I do not know if I can make this replacement, what is certain is that it was the same. I do not understand it's because it does not happen to use the Xbox tuner...