OBH 4.4 Terrestrial Complete scan impossible

abu baniaz

Vu+ Newbie
Can a moderator please move the terrestrial scan issues into their own thread please?

In order to fix a problem, there has to be a way to reproduce it. As every user/receiver is different, this can take some time. Lack of clarity detail makes problem worse.

I have asked twice if a personalise/optimised/personal xml file is in use, there has been no answer. I have a funny feeling that the problem lies there or is specific to certain hardware.
As an aside, Channel lists should not really contain the xml files. All the Italian regions should be added and updated on Github when required.

AlexWilMac

1) I had already opened a specific thread here
https://www.vuplus-community.net/bo...l-complete-scan-impossible.42215/#post-275812

but then it went on here.

2) I supposed I was very clear about NO PERSONALISED file was responsible. I mentioned it only for the other behaviour, similar to BH (the prescan). I've got 36 years of IT experience and some of VU+ not to use strange files.
And where, in this forum, have you asked about custom files?
I tested, so far, also in clean images and my report was very, very, very detailed as not many other people does in post #770.

The boxes I've tested so far are Solo4K and Duo2, so different CPUs, too.
@p.rodrigues reported his issues in a Duo4K, if I'm right and I've got reports for Duo.
I'm going to test also Zero4K.
I might bet whatever you like it's the ScanSetup.pyo the responsible, as perfectly found our @Matrix10

abu baniaz

Vu+ Newbie
If no personalised file is involved, what does "optimized terrestrial.xml" mean?

It is better for people to report what they are experiencing rather than what others have reported. Otherwise it just confuses things.

So far, 9 people have said that they cannot reproduce the problem and 3 have it. Whatever the problem is, it needs fixing. The first step is to identify the problem correctly and accurately.

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
Can a moderator please move the terrestrial scan issues into their own thread please?

In order to fix a problem, there has to be a way to reproduce it. As every user/receiver is different, this can take some time. Lack of clarity detail makes problem worse.

I have asked twice if a personalise/optimised/personal xml file is in use, there has been no answer. I have a funny feeling that the problem lies there or is specific to certain hardware.
As an aside, Channel lists should not really contain the xml files. All the Italian regions should be added and updated on Github when required.

I'm not in Italy, maybe Ronaldo ... I'm in Portugal. I have nothing personalized, I also have no problem in tune 124 channels by the ont (DVB-T) doing the search otherwise.

@p.rodrigues
Can you please attach the terrestrail.xml file you have in etc/tuxbox. If you have another one in etc/enigma2 please attach it too.

Here goes... it's the same that comes with the image. I only get without the problem if you get the file that the @Matrix10 published.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5ibjkfw7qru4p0b/terrestrial.xml/file

abu baniaz

Vu+ Newbie
I can confirm this bug on OBH 4.4 008 using a Solo SE and onboard ttl 310. I flashed OBH 4.4 from October and then updated to 4.4 008. No transfer of files etc.
Looks like it is forced to use the binary scan from Vu+ to perform a blindscan and does not use the xml file.

I'll try the other images.

Attachments

• 01_image_details.jpg
    01_image_details.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 02_scan options.jpg
    02_scan options.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 9
  • 03_find terretsrail frequncies.jpg
    03_find terretsrail frequncies.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 04_scan complete.jpg
    04_scan complete.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 9

AlexWilMac

The other thread of says "it now completely ignores my edited terrestrial frequencies"
I had clearly written that it was not due to my optimized terrestrial.xml file in my very first post of this thread, where I wrote:

"OK: then, to be sure it was not due to my edited file, I tried the original terrestrial.xml but nothing changes." ;)
I'm accustomed, in 36 years of IT experience, at isolating the many variables of a problem and I thought I had accurately described the issue, with or without the optimized file; both in a fully configured image and in a perfectly clean image.

The reference to the optimized file (whom has always been working for more than a year) was for the other behaviour, the prescan, just that.
As I wrote in ViX forum, I was able to reproduce in a 3rd box, the Zero4K, and by a different tuner, the VU+ Turbo.
Anyway, Huevos by ViX team wrote he's going to commit the fix. ;)