Odd behavior timeshifting on flash drive

ruiorey

Vu+ Newbie
Hi everyone, i've been lurking here for a long time, always finding the answers i needed searching through the already opened threads. Now i have encountered a problem that seems quite uncommon, and i decided to post looking for support.
Coming from a dm500hd, i used to timeshift (i know it's a bad idea for the device life, but so far so good) on a flash drive. Since i bought a Solo2, i tried to do the same with BH 2.0.1, 2.0.2, 2.0.3, always with the same problem. When i timeshift on a HD channel, i encounter frequent artifacts, like the device wasn't fast enough to record the stream. I know it's not, because i use a class 10 flash drive, capable of writing at 150mbit/s, and i know for sure it reaches that speed from various tests. Moreover, i tried to flash some Pli-based images, and the problem doesn't replicate. So i've come to think it's something related to how the BH handles the usb, or to the timeshifted stream itself.
Does somebody have in idea to make it work or have the same issue of mine?
Ciao a tutti

ruiorey

Vu+ Newbie
I've tried with a TDK that have a 80Mbit/s bandwidth, that should be enough for timeshifting an HD 1080i channel with the same results as above. Actually I've to say that the situation seems to get worse (just an impression, maybe it' the source). I tested the TDK on a DM500HD and I see some rare glitches now. Let's say one in 2/3 minutes. So it seems to be a usb speed related issue. I see a low speed also with the Ethernet interface. When I transfer files from the box's internal HDD I only get around 30MB per second, quite far from the theoretical gigabit, but also lower than the 35/40 I used to get with other images. Maybe we need to tweak the drivers?
However, these are the only issues ( if you can give them this name) I'm experiencing. This is by far the most accurate and rock solid image I've used. The only thing that is really missing is the possibility to enter transcoding parameters, but that's Vu+ that is being lazy...;)