possibility of having this plugin in our vu +?

fandos

Vu+ User
good afternoon, one could look at the compatibility of this pluguin about our black hole, I know they are pluguins programmers who have to make the system compatible pluguin but as there are those who ask him for what order to put aki and timely review if you believe as our epg with that of Rytec not the hd works for us, and this pluguin would open a range of possibilities as to epg Spanish.
thanks and greetings.

Attachments

• crossepg.zip
    362.2 KB · Views: 33

bluechris

Vu+ Newbie
Why you dont add from the EPG panel in BH the external epg server that crossepg has m8?
I mean for greece here for examble i use a custom external epg server with no probs at all. I suggest to you to see the path for Spain that you want from Crossepg and you can add it in BH Epg system.

fandos

Vu+ User
that I need the pluguin to combine with other pluguin and give me the hd epg, which inblack hole there is no possibility with our provider SERVICES OF have epg hd channels.
Greetings.

Zupy

Vu+ User+++
Crossepg work just fine with BH images. Just install a proper version (enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-crossepg-oe1.6_0.6.0-svn-177_mipsel.ipk),
Then:
Menu-->Setup-->CrossEPG-->Configure

Storage device: I put hdd
Enable CSV import: NO
Force EPG reload on boot: I choose YES
Download on tune: NO
Scheduled download: If you want to download every day - I put never
Show as plugin: Yes
Show as extension: Yes

After that configure XEPGDB providers because it has much better speed then XMLTV.

Now you can start download from this panel or from plugins.
My advice is to use a swap because the EPG takes a lot of RAM (128MB will be enough)

I use it all the times and combine it with build BH epg panel
I translate a little tutorial from my friend shax - thank him a lot for this and maintainig the epg server :happy:

fandos

Vu+ User
I just realized by comrade
notworthy.gif
zupy
notworthy.gif
if it works but not where I thought, it works like a charm inblack hole, lol
sorry for not having realized, jejeje
many thanks and greetings.

clap.gif
clap.gif
grazie.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

Palinkat

Vu+ User
Crossepg work just fine with BH images. Just install a proper version (enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-crossepg-oe1.6_0.6.0-svn-177_mipsel.ipk),
Then:
Menu-->Setup-->CrossEPG-->Configure

Storage device: I put hdd
Enable CSV import: NO
Force EPG reload on boot: I choose YES
Download on tune: NO
Scheduled download: If you want to download every day - I put never
Show as plugin: Yes
Show as extension: Yes

After that configure XEPGDB providers because it has much better speed then XMLTV.

Now you can start download from this panel or from plugins.
My advice is to use a swap because the EPG takes a lot of RAM (128MB will be enough)

I use it all the times and combine it with build BH epg panel
I translate a little tutorial from my friend shax - thank him a lot for this and maintainig the epg server :happy:

Hey Zuppy,

I tried the above CrossEPG with no luck whatsoever. Followed your settings, downloaded rytec csat, Sky UK and IT openTV. titles and descriptions are downloaded, parsed, converted etc... EPG.dat is created but it doesn't seem to load, the EPG is empty.
Any other advice. In fairness, CROSSEPG never worked on any image I tried, PLI, BH or VIX.

Zupy

Vu+ User+++
I use it in BH and vti and it works like charm hmm.
On what media did you downloaded epg (hdd or usb) and on some imeges you need to restart enigma to pick up epg (not on Bh).

Palinkat

Vu+ User
Thanks Zuppy, I have tried both hdd and usb. I'll give it another go tonight, will report back. I have a 256mb swap file.
Ta

Palinkat

Vu+ User
As a matter of interest, what exactly do you select in Storage Device. I have 4 options, USB, HardDrive, then both device names, which one am I supposed to use?

Cheers

Palinkat

Vu+ User
Hey guys, I got it to work finally this morning and I think I found a bug in CrossEPG. First I selected USB as media. Selected Rytec Csat + SKY UK OpenTV + SKY IT OpenTV. All the files were downloaded correctly and copied to media/usb/crossepg. The dat conversion happened and when the load EPG message happened, it was very quick. I checked on media/usb and EPG.dat was not there. Instead it was copied to hdd/usb. I manually moved it back to media/usb and force the EPG to reload in CrossEPG. Boom, worked perfectly. Went back to the machine and surprisingly enough CrossEPG moved the EPG.dat back to media/hdd.
I will use harddisk as media from now on but it would be great to get it working fine using USB.
Reading the CrossEPG issues, people have reported it already, a suggestion was made as follows:
"Probably autofs mount your usb stick in read only mode.
You have to mount it in read/write mode. Your image could have a panel or you can do it manually editing your /etc/fstab."
I don't think this is the case as the CrossEPG folder gets created properly in media/usb.
I will post a message there.

Any idea?

Thanks

Zupy

Vu+ User+++
How did you mounted your devices and what device do you choose to download (give screenshot).?

Palinkat

Vu+ User
HDD mounted as media/hdd
USB mounted as media/usb
Device chosen to download is USB. If I do so, epg.dat is saved in media/hdd.
I will give screenshots later but it won't change the above.

Thanks

Zupy

Vu+ User+++
Try with hdd - does not meter if you choose hdd or usb because epg is loaded on ram (your hdd will not spin).

Palinkat

Vu+ User
hdd works fine, I just don't know why if I choose Usb it still saves to hdd. Can it be something to do with fstab?