Problem:"My VU+Uno is very hot in standby mode!"

ssaaeedd

Vu+ Newbie
Hello

My VU+UNO is very hot in standby mode,Even more so when it is working!
What does this mean?(Where is the problem?)
(Image: BH 1.7.6)

Thanks

Nice Monkey

Vu+ User
This is not normal. In standby the Harddisk should spin down (I have it set at 2 min spindown) and produce little heat.
My UNO in fact just gets mildly warm even with the build in 3.5 inch 500 Gbyte WD Green Edition drive being active.
Probably will swap it sometime for a 2.5 inch model because of the noise it makes? That also could help you.

Are you using a harddrive and of which type? Using 7200 type 3,5 inch high performance drives is not recommended. Which component(s) are getting hot? Processor and/or Power Supply are to be checked as these are the only high power components.

Nice Monkey

Vu+ User
Also to look at is the temperature reading of your harddisk (visible via INFO). When spun-down this is about the temperature inside the box.

ssaaeedd

Vu+ Newbie
This is not normal. In standby the Harddisk should spin down (I have it set at 2 min spindown) and produce little heat.
My UNO in fact just gets mildly warm even with the build in 3.5 inch 500 Gbyte WD Green Edition drive being active.
Probably will swap it sometime for a 2.5 inch model because of the noise it makes? That also could help you.

Are you using a harddrive and of which type? Using 7200 type 3,5 inch high performance drives is not recommended. Which component(s) are getting hot? Processor and/or Power Supply are to be checked as these are the only high power components.
Also to look at is the temperature reading of your harddisk (visible via INFO). When spun-down this is about the temperature inside the box.
My harddisk is ((WD20EARX 2TB 3.5")) and that temprature is 40°C in BH info.
While in standby mode, the hard drive is cool but tuner and power are too hot.

Nice Monkey

Vu+ User
Still have my doubts. Specifically the tuner being hot is strange. Also the powersupply should only get very mildly warm during standby. Turning the fan on probably just hides the problem.
I would take the box to the shop where you bought it and let have them a look. My fan is turned off during standby and on auto during operation. No problems with that at all.

The 40°C temperature of the drive is absolutely normal.