Problem with 3D MKV in Vu+ solo2

kartoffel

Vu+ Newbie
Hi everyone!
I'm trying to play a 3d movie (mkv) in the vu+ but i have a problem.

The file is a SBS 3D but the vu doesn't display me the two sides. It only displays one.

Expected:
V9Dg3.jpg

What I get:
0t9ev.jpg

It's the first time I try to watch a 3d movie with the vu. And yes, my TV supports 3d tecnology and I have the glasses. (I don't have any problem if I do with the bluray player).

I hope someone can help me.
Thank you so much!

HDaddict

Vu+ Newbie
I'm having the same problem, some MKV files with 3d do work in half-SBS mode, while others don't, and I can't figure out the reason for this behaviour.

Is there anything I can do to know which file do work in half-SBS mode??

Thanks

HDaddict

Vu+ Newbie
I have the feeling that this is due to a plugin, since all 3D files I'm trying now aren't working at all.

Any idea???

HDaddict

Vu+ Newbie
I'm uploading a 3D sample file, can someone please load this 3D mkv file on his SOLO2 and see if it shows as a half-SBS 3D file?
Your TV doesn't have to be 3D capable.
Code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mpc0nkzshr94tsx/Sample-3D.mkv?dl=0

Thanks

Muggesand

Vu+ Newbie
Do have the same issue on my duo2. No problem if i use smart-tv to play the file from hard drive, but the duo2 just give one standard 2d-picture.

HDaddict

Vu+ Newbie
After upgrading to image 2.1.5 on SOLO2, I encounter another problem:

In most files, the SBS is fine, but there seems to be a problem with adapting the resolution to the screen, and the pictures looks just as if it is zoomed to a corner, instead of being properly stretched full screen.

I'm attaching a screenshot from my laptop showing the proper scale, and a picture taken from my TV running the TV on my SOLO2 and BH 2.1.5, with the same exact time and frame.

Any idea what could be the cause? Is there an alternative media player I can try to see if it work properly?

Thanks in advance

Proper resolution on PC

pc.jpg
Distorted one on my SOLO2

vusolo.jpg

Pyromon

BH Lover
After upgrading to image 2.1.5 on SOLO2, I encounter another problem:

In most files, the SBS is fine, but there seems to be a problem with adapting the resolution to the screen, and the pictures looks just as if it is zoomed to a corner, instead of being properly stretched full screen.

I'm attaching a screenshot from my laptop showing the proper scale, and a picture taken from my TV running the TV on my SOLO2 and BH 2.1.5, with the same exact time and frame.

Any idea what could be the cause? Is there an alternative media player I can try to see if it work properly?

Thanks in advance

Proper resolution on PC
View attachment 18874
Distorted one on my SOLO2

View attachment 18875

Hi.

I use EMC Moviecenter. I play my mkv file in 3d SBS without Problems. Try this Player

Greetings Pyromon

Attachments

• 4097_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_10.jpg
    4097_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_10.jpg
    309.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 4097_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_11.jpg
    4097_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_11.jpg
    611.3 KB · Views: 26

HDaddict

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you for the suggestion.

I tried installing Enhanced Movie Center from the BH addon manager, for some reason version 3.0.0 didn't install, and only the latest beta version worked.
Still, the player showed the same problem :(
What version are you using??

Can you please download the problematic 3D mkv file and run it on your STB so we can see if it's a general problem??
Code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1574jtf2oksfq3u/The.Hobbit.The.Battle.Of.The.Five.Armies.2014.1080p.3D.BluRay.HSBS.DTS.x264-HDA-Sample.mkv?dl=0

Thanks!

Pyromon

BH Lover
Hi I`m using :

EMC V3.74 beta.
Here without Problems.

Have you checked the settings on the TV?

look for this here:

Attachments

• 1_0_19_EF10_421_1_C00000_0_0_12.jpg
    1_0_19_EF10_421_1_C00000_0_0_12.jpg
    490 KB · Views: 60
  • 1_0_19_EF10_421_1_C00000_0_0_13.jpg
    1_0_19_EF10_421_1_C00000_0_0_13.jpg
    302 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Pyromon

BH Lover
Ok . i see it.

This file is bad encoded. The bar is too narrow. You can not change it. But this is a problem from the file not the STB.
can you try another file ?

HDaddict

Vu+ Newbie
I tried other files and they work fine... But I needed this file to work, as I face this problem with many other files.
I wonder if there's a way to resize or change ratio directly inside the movie player. The file is working fine on a pc so it should work on our STB too :-(

Pyromon

BH Lover
You are right. I tested now your file on USB . I tested it directly on my LG Smart TV . There is playing fine in right ratio.

Do you have a program with which you could convert the file?

HDaddict

Vu+ Newbie
I'm not sure, I'm trying that.
I'm sure it's a problem with VU+ receivers, there should be a way to force a correct resolution.

Any admin can help with this issue ???

Paco D.

Vu+ Newbie
Only 3D movies encoded with option "--frame-packing=4" not recognized by the player as 3D. Possibly related to drivers?

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Only 3D movies encoded with option "--frame-packing=4" not recognized by the player as 3D. Possibly related to drivers?
3D "Frame packing" format, also known as "Frame sequential", AFAIK will never be supported by the current box generation as this video format requires an HDMI port version 1.4 (which is not currently present on any box.).