Recording and backup

ravedone

Vu+ User
I made a personal backup to an external hdd, no problem. Now I want to record channels and system says that no media detected to record???? Have to inicializate the hdd?? And lose the files when I made the personal backup... I don't understand it. Personal backup yes, record channels no...I can save the personal backup but I dont see why record need erase hdd, what does it mean??? Closed bh code??? How do it work?

ravedone

Vu+ User
I said that bh was closed source, because I came from openpli image and bh let me to take files from hdd initialy, but then, block all acces to hdd and requires an initialization of hdd. My system files is ext4...I have had to return to openpli to acces my saved files...thanks.

ravedone

Vu+ User
Curiously, I change the path of my hhd from /media/hdd to media/usb (Where it was with openpli) and now I can make channel recording. But not the same as take abackup file? I can take a backup file before change to /media/usb but not making channel recording. Really curious, this behavior.

rouimi

Vu+ Newbie
Hello,
I also encounter the same thing.
I share my USB stick with HDD or USB, I seem to get the backup on the USB stick but I can’t record channel on the USB stick.

m35istan

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

If you want record :

1.) Mount USB stick with devices Manager .

OAN9Gz.jpg

2.) Select Menu - Setup -Customize - Expert Mode ( For Recording Paths )

JANk0W.jpg

3.) Open Recording Paths :

z5Ll6O.jpg

4. ) Adjust Location media/hdd

GRN2dN.jpg

5. ) and Select recording type:

y51oB9.jpg

Thanks.