remote use with tv

Iceman222

Vu+ Newbie
hi all had a look round the site and cant find a post with my issue so here goes
im trying to set my vu remote to use with the tv now in the manual it says press and hold 1 and 3 till led comes on before i enter the tv but there aint an led on the remote and help with this would be great guys
my reciever is a vu+ duo and samsung tv if this helps

thanks in advnce

mebken

Vu+ User
may be HDMI-CEC can help. I use it with a vu+solo connected to samsung LCD TV. I use only the samsung remote control for TV and Vu+.

biskra

Vu+ Newbie
yes you can use it, but i think is more simple with vu remote, because is compacte than remote of samsung

Don Andres

BH Lover
Which remote are you trying toprogram ?
Do you have button marked "TV" on the left top side of the RC ?
Or you see only "Mute" button top / left ?

mebken

Vu+ User
i no i can use it but dont no how to set it up
For CEC, you have a plugin HDMI CEC configuration (in Bh image, it is the last one in the plugins list). With this plugin, change the just the HDMI port used to plug in your TV. After just connect (I think yellow button is used to connect). After there is some buttons used in samsung remote control to access VU+ (channel+/- and color buttons are the ones I use). the CEC is useful when you start/shutdown one of them (TV ou Vu+) the other switch (ON/OFF) automatically.

gib72

Vu+ Newbie
i have an ultimo with a samsung tv and did find the samsung code would not work so i did the auto scan and it worked!

Don Andres

BH Lover
It is not possible wth the old remote with "Mute" on the top left !
Uno's remote comes with dedivcated "TV" button on the left top side.
This one could be used for programming the TV code .

casppir

Vu+ Newbie
is there in remote control a tv button on the top left which flaches whenever u press a button?
i have one but i thought my box was a clone.